Bug: Loss of indentation on (dis)connecting bluetooth keyboard

First I would like to thank you guys for developing this excellent piece of software and services =].

A bug has been bothering me since I bought a bluetooth keyboard to facilitate typing to Evernote Android.

Reproduce the problem:

Connect a bluetooth keyboard. Create a new note. Type something and make a bulleted list with indentation, like this:

• List of Great Evernote feature
    • Simple
    • Fast
    • Search
      • Including OCR!

[*]Share

[*]and others.....

Now Disconnect the keyboard, and all indentation are, well, flattened.

• List of Great Evernote feature
  • Simple
  • Fast
  • Search
  • Including OCR!
  • and others.....

The problem also happens both when you connect or disconnect the keyboard.

Thanks in advance for looking into the issue

System Info:

EN 4.5.1 on Android ICS on HTC One

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Is there an answer to the many requests to add an indent function in all platforms?

EVERNOTE is my #1 app - it has so many uses for me, everywhere & anywhere.

Lists are invaluable, but they need to be multi-layered and hold the format across platforms.

I've spent the last 15mins on the internet tryong to determine if Evernote has addressed this - I'm just finding old posts requesting the functionality.

My 2 platforms are PC-MS windows & Android.

Is there an answer to the many requests to add an indent function in all platforms?

EVERNOTE is my #1 app - it has so many uses for me, everywhere & anywhere.

Lists are invaluable, but they need to be multi-layered and hold the format across platforms.

I've spent the last 15mins on the internet tryong to determine if Evernote has addressed this - I'm just finding old posts requesting the functionality.

My 2 platforms are PC-MS windows & Android.

No, nobody from Evernote ever got back to me, and $10 says the bug still exists.

On another thread on this forum I got an answer that indents are available in the Android App. I certainly know they used to be, but they seem to have disappeared.

I just rechecked and in the Android app in 'bullets' or 'numbering' there is a function to 'increase indent' or 'decrease indent', but it only appears on the format bar after you create a bullet. This function is not available for checkboxes in the Android App, but is available for checkboxes using the PC software.

As others have noted, if you create indents for checkboxes using the PC software then open/edit the list using the Android app, then indents are removed.

Archived