FayeV

(Archived) Pulling out notes with various tag combinations

How do I pull out all my notes under say 5 selected tags?

What I am doing now is to click on a notebook, then click on "Create Saved Search" icon with the magnifying glass and a Plus sign, and go a manual: note: Abc tag:"volume" tag:"less than 100USD" tag:"etc"

As i used up to 5 tags or more, it is very tedious to do a saved saearch, save it and check it only to see that i have no items under this 5 combo. then i repeat and try a different combo which is very time wasting.

Is that an easier way to do this, like a drag and drop tag to somewhere?

thanks much!

Helps to tell us which Evernote client that you are using (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, etc.).

How do I pull out all my notes under say 5 selected tags?

What I am doing now is to click on a notebook, then click on "Create Saved Search" icon with the magnifying glass and a Plus sign, and go a manual: note: Abc tag:"volume" tag:"less than 100USD" tag:"etc"

As i used up to 5 tags or more, it is very tedious to do a saved saearch, save it and check it only to see that i have no items under this 5 combo. then i repeat and try a different combo which is very time wasting.

Is that an easier way to do this, like a drag and drop tag to somewhere?

thanks much!

Have you tried just typing your search expression in to the main Search box?

If this is Windows, then it's best to prototype your search using the search control: specify your context (notebook/stack/etc.) and your search (tag, text content, updated date, etc.). You get instant feedback for the search results. Only once you're happy with your search should you then proceed to make a Saved Search out of what you have found to be useful. Saved searches persist so that you can use them over and over again; they're not good for prototyping, though.