(Archived) Pulling out notes with various tag combinations

How do I pull out all my notes under say 5 selected tags?

What I am doing now is to click on a notebook, then click on "Create Saved Search" icon with the magnifying glass and a Plus sign, and go a manual: note: Abc tag:"volume" tag:"less than 100USD" tag:"etc"

As i used up to 5 tags or more, it is very tedious to do a saved saearch, save it and check it only to see that i have no items under this 5 combo. then i repeat and try a different combo which is very time wasting.

Is that an easier way to do this, like a drag and drop tag to somewhere?

thanks much!

• Level 5*

How do I pull out all my notes under say 5 selected tags?

What I am doing now is to click on a notebook, then click on "Create Saved Search" icon with the magnifying glass and a Plus sign, and go a manual: note: Abc tag:"volume" tag:"less than 100USD" tag:"etc"

As i used up to 5 tags or more, it is very tedious to do a saved saearch, save it and check it only to see that i have no items under this 5 combo. then i repeat and try a different combo which is very time wasting.

Is that an easier way to do this, like a drag and drop tag to somewhere?

thanks much!

Have you tried just typing your search expression in to the main Search box?

• Level 5*

If this is Windows, then it's best to prototype your search using the search control: specify your context (notebook/stack/etc.) and your search (tag, text content, updated date, etc.). You get instant feedback for the search results. Only once you're happy with your search should you then proceed to make a Saved Search out of what you have found to be useful. Saved searches persist so that you can use them over and over again; they're not good for prototyping, though.

Archived