(Archived) Rollback to previous Windows EN version

Rick in Aachen

Hi all,

I could imagine that this question has come up before but I couldn't find anything in my archive search. I recently upgraded to EN for Windows version 4.6.1.7860 (268368) and since then at seemingly random times my folder and tag names are replaced by numbers. I've attached a screenshot.

This has been escalated by EN support to the second level but I need a quick fix because I will be on a business trip and use EN offline for my meeting notes (not to mention as a repository of customer history, etc.!) so the web version isn't an option.

I would like to roll back to the previous version of EN but can't find how to do that. I'm hoping that maybe that'll solve my problem before I travel tomorrow morning. Can anyone help me with that? I'm a Premium customer if that makes any difference, but I doubt it would.

Thanks!

Rick

post-120575-0-19425300-1358928891_thumb.

• Level 5*

You may be able to find previous versions, if you've done automatic updates. Go to Tools / Options,. On the General tab, click on "Open Database folder"; this should open up Explorer and bring you to the folder thatcontains your Evernote database. Go up one level, and look for a folder called "Autoupdate". Previous versions of Evernote are stored there. I'd be careful about rolling back to a prior version; back up your Evernote database (the .exb file in the Database folder) first.

IME, IMO, this has nothing to do with the version you are using. I've had this happen a few times over the years. The good news is that it's not destroying/changing your names. IME, after syncing and/or closing/reinvoking EN, the problem corrects itself. One time, I was actually advised to rebuild my database b/c the problem wasn't correcting itself.

Thanks for the responses. I did roll back one version but the problem continued. It was happening every 10 minutes or so, so restarting wasn't a realistic option. The syncing was getting out of whack, too so I was getting conflicting note versions.

I moved the database to a different drive and so far (after about 90 minutes...knock on wood) the problem has not re-occurred. The previous drive was a virtual, encrypted BoxCryptor drive and I suspected maybe the encrypted drive was perhaps intermittent. Who knows...so far the fix is working. Let's see what happens over the next couple hours.

Archived