Evernote keeps deleting the text of my notes

If I switch between notes in Evernote on my mac, the program periodically deletes the text of my notes. It keeps the note itself, so I can't retrieve the note from my trash. This only happened to a few minor notes, so I didn't really mind until last night. When switching from one note to another, Evernote completely deleted the record of my work hours for January. I work as a freelance writer for six different clients; I have no way to recall my dozens of time entries.

How can I hope to retrieve the past text of this note? I know the note's history might be saved somewhere, but I don't want to have to drop E 40 on an upgrade for a product that randomly deletes incredibly important data.

• 1 year later...

Twice now Evernote has deleted the text of my notes saving only the title.  This is really frustrating!  How can I make sure this doesn't happen again?  I depend on my notes, and use Evernote on all of my devices.  I'm afraid to open my notes for fear of losing the content. 

• 3 years later...

Hi @Portmanteau, @Rainebo, and @amimariscal,

Thanks for reporting this.

Are you able to tell me what version number of Evernote you have installed?

Additionally, do all of your notes appear on Evernote Web when logging into your account from a desktop web browser at evernote.com?

I look forward to your responses.

Archived