(Archived) Annotate a web clip?

• Level 5*

Just checking. As you've already found, the layout of clipped notes can be a tad sensitive depending on the coding on the web page that has been copied. Adding comments directly is probably not generally possible. Skitch takes a snap (and there is a Skitch for Windows) and overlays that with your additional content. You can probably do something similar with other screengrab software - but I'm not a Chrome user, so don't know what will work with that browser. Skitch does have the benefit of being designed (now) to integrate with Evernote, so it's probably your best choice for short add-ons. I don't think it's up to adding a lot of text though - you'd have to try it!

I was hoping to be able to import an existing note into skitch, and have it overlay the annotation... But the only way I see to do that is with a screengrab. I know I can open a photo within Evernote and edit with Skitch, but the web clips are not photos.

• Level 5*

Sorry - fingers were in gear before I engaged full brain; of course skitch won't do a screen grab (Doh!) Are there any extensions for Chrome that will capture a web page - even one that's bigger than the screen - as a JPG?

Archived