(Archived) I can "reliably reproduce" your bug Mr. Jackolicious

josevall

Idea

Only notes content or bodies, not titles are getting deleted, they don't "dissapear" it is an Evernote bug. It is not our imagination or clicking the delete key accidentally.

You want steps Mr. J., here you go:

1.- I copy a note link

2.- I CLOSE, QUIT Evernote

3. I paste the note link in an external app, in this case a plain and simple address book for mac. (In the web site field so it has an active web link).

4. I click on the web link in my app

5. Remember Evernote is closed

6. After clicking the link, Evernote opens and....

7... The linked note opens with no content or body or text in it!!!!!! Gone, Zip, Nada

Is it clear or you want more reliable reproduction steps?

I am premium and the note history didn't helped to bring my content back.

IF Evernote is NOT closed when clicking the app web link, it will NOT delete the content of the note.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Only notes content or bodies, not titles are getting deleted, they don't "dissapear" it is an Evernote bug. It is not our imagination or clicking the delete key accidentally.

You want steps Mr. J., here you go:

1.- I copy a note link

2.- I CLOSE, QUIT Evernote

3. I paste the note link in an external app, in this case a plain and simple address book for mac. (In the web site field so it has an active web link).

4. I click on the web link in my app

5. Remember Evernote is closed

6. After clicking the link, Evernote opens and....

7... The linked note opens with no content or body or text in it!!!!!! Gone, Zip, Nada

Is it clear or you want more reliable reproduction steps?

I am premium and the note history didn't helped to bring my content back.

IF Evernote is NOT closed when clicking the app web link, it will NOT delete the content of the note.

Thanks for reporting this. I think Jackolicious believes us about the note content disappearing, but the problem was how to reproduce it. I think we now have three scenarios (yours sounds closest, though not quite the same as what happened to me), so hopefully this has given them plenty of data to track down the bug.

@josevall's step surface the bug on my machine too (OS X 10.8.2, Evernote version Version 5.0.4 (400702)) - definitely a whopper of a bug.

Some additional information:

While the note body is definitely gone, it shows up one last time in a separate window that may be hidden behind Evernote's main window.

Specifically:

On clicking the link in @josevall's scenario:

- the Evernote main window opens

- the linked-to note opens in a *separate window* - that window, however, may be *obscured* by the main window - find it via the Window menu.

If the linked-to note happens to show in the main window, you can already tell that its body is gone.

By contrast, the separate window still shows the note body - in other words, things still *appear* to be fine there; in reality, however, the body is already gone - when you close that window without any changes, the note body is gone for good.

Archived