iOS 6.0.1 Safari web clipper on iPad vs. Springpad clipper

nrcapes

Idea

When clipping a full page, the Springpad clipper is MUCH faster than Evernote's. Springpad clips almost immediately then closes its window very quickly. The Evernote clipper sometimes takes 30 seconds to over a minute to clip the same page.

4 replies to this idea

When clipping a full page, the Springpad clipper is MUCH faster than Evernote's. Springpad clips almost immediately then closes its window very quickly. The Evernote clipper sometimes takes 30 seconds to over a minute to clip the same page.

Since there are no replies, I'm posting my own answer: maybe because Evernote indexes every word and Springpad doesn't?

The fact is, the web clipper bookmarklet for iOS Safari workaround is a piece of garbage. It works sporadically, at best, and Evernote isn't really making any effort to improve this. Clipping full pages is a joke, but I have found a workaround that at least provides a good looking full page clip instead of the garbage you get with a direct to Evernote clip. I use the "Read Now" formatting from Readability, then use the full page bookmarklet webclipper. When Evernote is working properly (75% of the time), you get a clean, well-formatted, full-page result.

Archived