(Archived) insert links to files?

lonestar21

Hi all,

newb question:

I'm trying to use evernote to help with songwriting. I'm writing lyrics on the fly in evernote. What I would really like to do is be able to point to the file on my filesystem where I have some audio files I want to associate with the lyrics. I'd like to be able to click on them in evernote and have them open in my audio workstation software. Any ideas?

thanks!

Is simply dragging a file into EN an option? I am a premium user so I can drag in any file type I want. As long as the computer is smart enough to open the correct audio workstation program, it should still work if you double click a file that you have copied into EN.

Is that what you are asking about?

Levi

• Level 5*

A couple of things that you can do that appear to work:

* Make a shortcut for the desired item, and drag it into an Evernote note. Double-clicking on these activates the item.

* Make a direct link to the item, and add an Evernote hyperlink with the URL. The format should mirror what you'd get if you dragged it into a browser (e.g. FireFox or Chrome). For example, I have a JPG on my desktop. The link to the file is: file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Desktop/Merry%20Christmas%202012.jpg. Made a hyperlink of this, and then clicking on it activated it.

Note that these are only going to work on your local machine.

* Make a shortcut for the desired item, and drag it into an Evernote note. Double-clicking on these activates the item.

* Make a direct link to the item, and add an Evernote hyperlink with the URL. The format should mirror what you'd get if you dragged it into a browser (e.g. FireFox or Chrome). For example, I have a JPG on my desktop. The link to the file is: file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Desktop/Merry%20Christmas%202012.jpg. Made a hyperlink of this, and then clicking on it activated it.

this is great soultion. But it should have native support by cliien. Plus they could add mailto links

• 4 weeks later...

this link doesn't work...

Archived