(Archived) Has Ctrl selecting multiple tags disappeared?

jontyc

Latest version (4.6.1.7860),

I can shift-select a range of tags, but not ctrl-select individual tags. I'm sure I've done this hundreds of times before.

Typing both tags in the search box is painful as the there is no auto-completion and the exact spelling of tags has to be looked up.

Furthermore (and strangely), having typed say, "tag:insurance" in the search box, then clicking a tag from the tag list (even without Ctrl) then adds the clicked tag to the existing one (insurance).

I'm having trouble seeing the logic here.

I second this with bells on. For me, the main reason for using Evernote is multiple selection of tags to enable deep searching through information. Most of the extra functionality being added in the current updates is, IMHO, PR fluff. If EN no longer does multiple tag selection, one might as well shift back to conventional folder-based strorage of data. Please fix asap.

• Level 5*

I second this with bells on. For me, the main reason for using Evernote is multiple selection of tags to enable deep searching through information. Most of the extra functionality being added in the current updates is, IMHO, PR fluff. If EN no longer does multiple tag selection, one might as well shift back to conventional folder-based strorage of data. Please fix asap.

Um, a lot of changes are apparently going on under the hood to incorporate the new Business Notebook functionality which is decidedly not PR fluff. Since -- if you read the linked post -- you can still multi-select tags in some, if not most situations this seems more like a bug introduced recently than a deliberate design decision. And obviously Evernote are aware of it.

Archived