(Archived) Evernote's Cousin: Skitch

I have a curious question:

How many people use Skitch in tandem with Evernote? (and I don't just mean allowing Skitch to have its own Notebook in Evernote)

What in particular do you use Skitch for, and how does that integrate in with your system of notes, tags, etc. within EN itself? Are you using Skitch as a supplement, or pulling edited photos in from Skitch to embed within notes?

I'm just curious, as I have the Skitch app and have played around with it a little, but haven't bothered to do anything serious with it yet. But I am thinking perhaps there are some nifty ways I haven't thought of yet to use what I create in Skitch within Evernote notes.

I was in the same boat as you when I first installed Skitch. Now that I have it though, I'm a Skitch machine.

I don't typically sync anything I do in Skitch with Evernote, because most of what I do in Skitch is a one-time thing that I'll never need to go back to.

I built a new home almost two years ago, and Skitch was very useful when reporting deficiencies to our builder. Instead of saying "there are some exposed nails through the shingles on our upper roof", I could use Skitch and provide a picture with arrows pointing out all the areas in question.

For my work, I write software and provide reports to people, so I use Skitch quite a bit to show them screenshots and how to navigate their way through a program.

I don't typically sync anything I do in Skitch with Evernote, because most of what I do in Skitch is a one-time thing that I'll never need to go back to.

I built a new home almost two years ago, and Skitch was very useful when reporting deficiencies to our builder. Instead of saying "there are some exposed nails through the shingles on our upper roof", I could use Skitch and provide a picture with arrows pointing out all the areas in question.

For my work, I write software and provide reports to people, so I use Skitch quite a bit to show them screenshots and how to navigate their way through a program.

Thanks, that is most helpful! I was playing around with using Skitch as a way to crop and edit images before putting them into an Evernote note as a reference. It seems cumbersome, as the only way I've found to "move" the Skitch image is to copy and paste from the Skitch EN notebook to the note I need it in. If I find a better way to arrange the workflow, I'll be sure to share!

I use Skitch on my smart phone when I am out. I take pictures of posters on community bulletin boards for events I want to go to, or to take pictures of products I might want later. All saved to Evernote.

I also use Skitch stand-alone on my computer to grab screen shots for Power Point presentations when I speak or for ebooks I am writing.

I use Skitch on my smart phone when I am out. I take pictures of posters on community bulletin boards for events I want to go to, or to take pictures of products I might want later. All saved to Evernote.

I also use Skitch stand-alone on my computer to grab screen shots for Power Point presentations when I speak or for ebooks I am writing.

Cool. I'm curious - why don't you use the Evernote app to take pictures of the concert posters. Or do you annotate them somehow with Skitch?

Archived