(Archived) Evernote for families?

I'm a Premium user but my wife and children are basic users. How can I get them to be Premium users as well and I pay for all of it?

If I understand Evernote Business, it allows employees to share with each other in more dynamic ways. How can this be set up for a family while we each retain our individual, personal accounts?

• Level 5*

I'm a Premium user but my wife and children are basic users. How can I get them to be Premium users as well and I pay for all of it?

Give your credit card information for their premium accounts.

If I understand Evernote Business, it allows employees to share with each other in more dynamic ways. How can this be set up for a family while we each retain our individual, personal accounts?

Upgrade to business for all of you and you'll see that they retain their personal account and have access to shared business notebooks. I think this might be overkill for most families, but if everyone is a heavy Evernote user, I could see some concrete benefits to having everyone with a Business account.

• Level 5*

Thanks for the info.

Perhaps a family option will be available in the future?

I do not expect anything like it. Evernote Business has been a major new direction for Evernote, and I would be surprised if they tried to take on another type of user plan so soon.

I think the easiest thing to do is to start with one or both parents purchasing Premium and then sharing notebooks with modification privileges to the rest of the family. Everyone can put notes into these, and this would be a great way to plan a family vacation, keep track of schedules, build grocery lists, share photos, etc. You can invite as many family members as you would like.

If this works out for you, then you could think of upgrading family members to Premium based on their needs. And, for an especially active Evernote family, Business could be a really nice service.

Archived