(Archived) Evernote keeps changing the focus in the bar at right

EdH

• Level 5*

I have 4.6.1.7860. This was happening on other recent builds too.

I have an EnB account if that matters. The bar on the right with my notebooks and tags will seemingly randomly jump around. For example, I just selected the "Alll my notes" folder and then pressed the "All my notes" button to clear any searches. Now my left bar is like I hit page down 2-3 times showing some folders and tags. I have to scroll back up again to get to my folders.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Thanks for the reports - ticket #5848 has been filed for this issue.

Any progress on this one? Still there in build 7927. It is so bad now I sometimes have to select a folder 2 or 3 times before it is actually selected and I can see the contents.

• Level 5*

vineetw, I sent you a PM with a short video showing what is going on.Takes on average 10 seconds to switch back the view I need. You can see in the video. I didn't post publicly here because I didn't want to go through the hassle of obscuring personal info like email addresses.

• 2 months later...

Please please please fix this ( ticket #5848). The jumping around when I click on a notebook makes it impossible to keep a flow going when working in multiple notebooks. Makes me not want to use EN, but I love EN with the exception of annoyances like this, so I will use it and just be annoyed :-(

• Level 5*

Agreed. Some bugs are annoying, like tag autocomplete in Business being a fail, or images that get rotated grow 200-800% in size.

This one though is a MAJOR productivity killer. I actually find myself not wanting to pull up another note via a search because to get back to where I am I'll have to deal with the dancing folder/tab pane.

This one should, IMHO, be on the "fix before the next release is distributed" list.

Hooray!! From what I can tell, the random focus-shifting problem is much less random and much more acceptable. Sometimes the focus still jumps when I click on a notebook, but it just brings the notebook I clicked on to the top of the visible screen, rather than sending the notebook I clicked on off of the visible screen.

The notebook jumping to the top of the screen I can deal with, and may even prove to be a useful feature. Thank you EN for fixing this!

Archived