(Archived) Cannot See My Business Notebooks For Offline Use On iPad

C6REW

Hi All,

Any other business users out there using an iPad?

Having just got back from a couple of days in London, I was frustrated to not be able to get a very fast connection on the iPad, which I have set up to run most of my business software.

So I thought I would make a lot of my Notebooks available offline.

However, I don't seem to be able to see any of my 'Business, Notebooks' to select them.

Checked another user, on another iPad and it is the same there.

Had a quick look at the specs for 'Business' and cannot see it mentioned that this feature is not available. So it may be a bug. Before reporting it, I thought it might be worth checking with other users.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that. By their very nature all 'Business' 'Notebooks' are of course shared. I will read the thread and see if this is something that can be changed. If not, I think a quick request is called for of the Business team.

Best regards

Chris

I'm glad to hear this update is coming soon. Given that we have a mobile workforce (as do many of your other clients, I would assume), the inability to access corporate data while on airplanes or otherwise off the Net is a significant limitation. Combined with the bug that several (include me) have that does not allow us to search, sort, or see business notes by tag on the iOS platform (and actually, Web, too), these are hangups that feel much like this is still a Beta release - and certainly not like Evernote as a business has been putting this software and its iterations through its paces for a reasonable amount of time. We've put 13 users on the Business platform - it's difficult to tell them they can't get whatever information they need, when they need it - when this is the promise of Evernote as a product.

This is all complaint, I know - but I'm also the guy paying the bill, and the guy explaining these limitations to my colleagues.

The EN team has a reputation for working hard and taking its users seriously. Now that those users are corporations who also have customers, revenues, and risks, my request is that EN make getting the Business platform, especially on mobile, a top engineering priority - certainly over any update of Evernote Food, Evernote Hello, or other products ancillary to the core value and function of the software.

Here's hoping we see these fixes in the very near future.

Oh, and PS - here's another one: On iOS you can't change a note from a prior notebook, business or personal, to a business notebook, even if it's in another business notebook. You can change the tag, but not the notebook. So there's basically no filing that you can do within business notebooks on the road if you're using a mobile device. Another real limitation, as it's not reasonable to think any of us will remember, letter for letter, the title of our business notebooks so we can accurately email in new notes, and if we decide one note belongs somewhere else, it's stranded until you're back on a desktop machine. Add that one to the "things to fix" list, please.

I offer all this as a four year premium customer, and someone who knows (or at least, hopes) that you're all burning the midnight oil to make EvB the product we (and I hope you) hope it will be. Because in the meantime, the whole truth is that if someone asked me if Evernote Business was worth signing up for, I'd say, "Not yet. But hopefully it will be soon."

Hi ALN,

Great point with the moving of Notes to or within the Business section. An upgrade that I hope will come soon on the iPad.

Not sure what to make of your problem of remembering your 'Notebook' name for emailing purposes. At the end of the day I cannot see how Evernote can help with that one, unless you have an idea? I know that a lot of 'power' users email to an 'Inbox' Notebook which can then then sort out later. But not sure if this helps.

Best regards

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Another annoyance with the ipad and iphone version when using evernote business is that the business notebooks do not show up in stacks that have been arranged on my desktop version. As I am transitioning from personal to business I have several stacks that include both personal and business notebooks. However, this organization system is lost on my mobile versions.

• 2 months later...

We are now at the end of April and as far as I can see it is still not possible to move notes to or within business notebooks using EN iPad. Do we know when this will arrive as very often I have to insert clipped notes from other apps into my personal inbox then move to a business notebook. I can only currently do this when I get back to my desk and use EN Windows.

Paul

Archived