(Archived) Author Field

I use a ScanSnap scanner, and plenty of email forwarding, to create notes. Is there any way to prevent the inclusion of info in the Author field? It automatically adds my name when using the scanner, and the email address when forwarding. I spend more time than I'd like editing this field. Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi - I use a ScanSnap S1500 with Windows and I don't get any author field contents. Don't know if this might have been part of your scanner setup process, or you have a box somewhere that could be unticked - sounds like it could be worth looking in detail at the scan management software and checking all the options...

Thanks for the response. I poked around the ScanSnap and Evernote apps and could find no such field.

That's really wacky. I can't imagine how the ScanSnap would even know that information to insert it. I don't think it does it for me. Could you say a bit more about how you are scanning, if you're doing external OCR, how it is getting into Evernote, etc.? Even a screenshot of where exactly you are seeing the information would be helpful too.

Archived