RobW

Android (Archived) Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine for Android

43 posts in this topic

C'mon guys - share the love.

What use are those nice Moleskin notebooks if only the iBoys and iGirls can use them!

- R

Yep, agreed. I'd love to get that. Also, how about a setup with filofax/daytimer style pages? I'm already doing that, but it would be great to make it more accurate with auto-edge, etc.

Hi RobW and khavalier, welcome to the forum :)

The integration between Evernote and Moleskine is, currently only iOS, yes.

EN do want to bring it to android as well (Naturally ;)) As for when, that information is something that EN generally don't release unfortunately.

See posts from Evernote on the subject:

Scott

They have all but guaranteed that it is coming to android and windows

one warning though is that the stickers do not work on all iOS devices, just iPhone. They do not mention this anywhere, but from what I can tell the camera needs to be fairly decent for it to recognize the stickers. This shouldn't be an issue for most new devices, but i wouldn't count on it for an older device.

First we got screwed on Evernote Food for android. Now Evernote Page Camera for android. When I received my Moleskine yesterday, it mention if I wanted to return for a refund, the plastic wrap must not be opened. I now wished I would of sent it back. I mean, why bring a produce out that doesn't cover all platforms. Don't be a half A_ _ company EVERNOTE!!!!!

1 person likes this

First we got screwed on Evernote Food for android. Now Evernote Page Camera for android. When I received my Moleskine yesterday, it mention if I wanted to return for a refund, the plastic wrap must not be opened. I now wished I would of sent it back. I mean, why bring a produce out that doesn't cover all platforms. Don't be a half A_ _ company EVERNOTE!!!!!

I was just about to go look at ordering when I noticed the iPod/iPad note - I'd have been really p*ssed if I'd mised that and only when they came found out I couldn't use them. Can toitally understand your annoyance - seems crazy with the massive user base now for Android not to launch support at the same time. I mean really, I love Evernote, but I'm an Android user and will not be changing to Apple. So if Android support doesn't improve, and a rival service starts offering better support - it won't take much to convince me to shift.

Sigh, look at the last newletter too.. iPad, iPod, iPhone, at least three new items dealing with Apple, an not a hint of Android... I am starting to think Apple might be one of their investors... or the other way around...

To be honest, I also have noted that they could have been totally fair and released just the stickers, because what about the non-Moleskine users...

Oh well, as I am sure I wll be told... I have no place telling Evernotes what to do, and of course they want to bring it to Android.. someday...

;-)

I've used Droid Scan on the Play Store for a while and it does some auto-cropping and has some other nice features. You can play with the contrast and drop it down from color to B&W as well as other tweaks before you Share it with EN. Not a perfect solution but I use it to "scan" notes and receipts from my car when I have some time to kill. It can output pdf or jpg.

I use evernote on every OS platform - Mac, IOS, Windows, and Android and in every device format - computer, tablet, and phone, but least on the phone. I don't use, and probably won't use iphone. This note capture is the the current feature that I see as most useful for my phone.

Among the most useful features I could imagine for my phone would be voice recording with google voice-like transcription inside evernote, but we won't go there.

You are right Grant837, you might hear someone suggest that you "have no place telling evernotes [sic] what to do" but I would argue that if Evernote really wants to take the product to the people the perhaps they should notice when their users, who live inside of the demographic of 57% of the smartphone OS market share that is Android (see this article in VentureBeat http://goo.gl/4mYwo for more on this).

I'm among the 57% of cell phone subscribers who have and like Android (Galaxy S3 in particular) - and I'm among a smaller group of Evernote users who are Premium subscribers. And, I like to carry around a moleskine notebook to jot down creative or ad hoce ideas and would like to transfer my work quickly and easily into Evernote the way that this feature promises it can.

How about it Evernote? Is your mobile roadmap taking you in the same direction as the mobile user market or on a road less traveled - those little roads are fun, sure, but....

+1, but I bought the Moleskine anyway, reasoning that when the software is done for Android it will use the same notebooks, which I can then digitize en masse.

Yeah... I would love to be able to add this to my Christmas list. Without Android support I don't think it's worth it though.

I did ask for it for Christmas.

And received it.

It came from Italy, then by DHL to Dorset where I went to delightedly receive it. All smiles, telling everyone how marvellous EN is, I opened it, and discovered that I can't use it on my android flyer. Bitterly disappointed.

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback, this is on the roadmap.

1 person likes this

This is very disappointing for me that I have no page camera feature on my android device, especially since I just drop some money on several moleskine evernote notebooks and now the camera options are not there to fully utilize the book with the app. Real bummer. Wished I had know earlier it was optimized for iOS.

Hello, is there any release date/update on when the Android Evernote app is going to be compatible with the Moleskine Smart Notebooks? You guys are being really vague about it. A lot of Android users would benefit from this if it gets added to your android app, especially students like myself. Plus that is the only reason why I'm not going premium yet.

Thank you.

As a matter of policy, EN does not publish release dates. It will come but we don't know when.

Ehi guys! I was upset, yesterday, after discovering that Page Camera is not supported by Android apps. Anyway, I'm now using CamScanner (free) and it seems to support the same functionality. Take a snapshot of your note on Moleskine and upload it as an Evernote note: you will see it as a searchable document.

Ehi guys! I was upset, yesterday, after discovering that Page Camera is not supported by Android apps. Anyway, I'm now using CamScanner (free) and it seems to support the same functionality. Take a snapshot of your note on Moleskine and upload it as an Evernote note: you will see it as a searchable document.

Useful thanks - will take a look. I guess the good part of widespread use is plugins from 3rd parties to do what a supplier doesn't. Does feel somedays that us Android users are 2nd class citizens to Evernote, and iPhone is everything to them. Much as I like Evernote, if an alternative came along that put an equal priority on Android I'd move in a heartbeat.

another update, but still no page camera. I'm guessing its a rather long roadmap!

totally with you RobW about moving to an alternative.

Hey folks,

This is my first post here, so I hope I'm putting it in the right place. Apologies if it isn't.

I have been drooling over the Evernote Moleskine since it was announced but unfortunately being an Android user it's not good to me at the moment (seriously, why does Android continue to get a bum rap?). However, as an artist/ writer/ teacher I'm often scribbling and sketching in notebooks for various ideas.. The way I would use Moleskine would be to make a record of all these ideas and then delete any that become irrelevant, so I'd have an easily accessible record of those ideas I want to keep hold of.

As Moleskine isn't available to we Android users yet I'm wondering if there is a 'workaround' for us we can use until it becomes available. At the moment I'm thinking we could use something like CamScanner to make copies of those notes. Then, we could upload them to Evernote, just having to add tags and indicate what notebook it should be in manually. I've not had the chance to really try this out yet, but it is a theory.

Has anyone else tried to "emulate" Moleskine on Android yet? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts/ how you went.

Cheers.