(Archived) Shared Notebooks

shekala

I am trying to understand the limitations of shared notebooks for non premium users. Is it a correct statement to say that non premium users can share a notebook, which then allows both parties to add notes, but not to edit each other's notes? Or is the limitation that only one party can share a note?

Thanks

David

• Level 5*

I am trying to understand the limitations of shared notebooks for non premium users. Is it a correct statement to say that non premium users can share a notebook, which then allows both parties to add notes, but not to edit each other's notes? Or is the limitation that only one party can share a note?

Thanks

David

Hi. It is actually pretty straightforward if I understand it correctly. Premium and Free members can share notebooks. The main difference is that Permium users can offer the ability for others to modify the notebooks (add notes, edit notes, etc.). Free members cannot. So, in a concrete example, a married couple would need one Premium member to work on a notebook together, and that Premium member would share a notebook with their Free spouse..

• Level 5*

Are you sure that if both parties are non premium that only one party can add notes? I thought it was just editing that was a problem.

Pretty sure, but I haven't been Free for a couple years now, so I suppose things could have changed. You could give it a try! But, as far as I can tell (see the links in my signature for the various manuals), there is no indication from Evernote that you can add notes (this would be a modification) to someone else's notebook if they are Free.

Archived