(Archived) Moving a note does not actually move it

floid

Idea

Not sure if anyone has this issue...I also opened a ticket with support and will post back with any answers.

I am cleaning up my inbox. It is named "!!inbox". I currently have about 200 notes accumulated that need tagging and moving. I select only the !!Inbox notebook, then tag a note and move it to the appropriate notebook. Expected behavior is that the note disappears from view as it moves to the other notebook. However, about 50% of the time my notes are staying in the !!Inbox, even though the note metadata says it is not in the !!inbox. I try moving these notes to other notebooks, then back to the correct notebook, but it still displays in my !!Inbox. I've tried syncing, restarting, and a few other things. Seems to be a bug with 5.x.x since I have not noticed this problem before.

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I have seen this a couple of times but can't reliably reproduce it. If you check the web you'll see that the note is being moved correctly, but the Mac client UI is not updating correctly (although the notebook name on the note itself is correct). I've resolved it by syncing a few times and eventually the app seems to catch up.

Yes - you are right...the web shows correctly. I've changed other notes, added new notes, change the notebook around, synced again, restarted my computer, and a few of the notes are still in the wrong place on the Mac.

Just for the sake of completeness, here is a screenshot showing an example:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s19/sh/bc157bb3-c2c8-4e56-b33a-fa1e79565092/a9d91cd0e356ad284b6fc6b8c64bd9fe

As others, I also see this bug occasionally (and sometimes more than occasionally) and haven't been able to figure out what exactly is happening so I can reproduce it. I was getting this bug before ver. 5 though, so it's not something new in this update.

This continues to happen for me periodically as well. I'm using EN 5 on Lion. If I'm processing a ton of notes individually (like my inbox notebook), it probably happens once every 20 moves or so. The only way I can get it to then show up in the proper notebook is to move it to another random notebook, then to the one I wanted to in the first place. Very irritating, because I couldn't reliably recreate it, though I tried for a while. 

Definitely a bug, but I'm unsure as to how to submit a report if we can't reliably recreate it...

This continues to happen for me periodically as well. I'm using EN 5 on Lion. If I'm processing a ton of notes individually (like my inbox notebook), it probably happens once every 20 moves or so. The only way I can get it to then show up in the proper notebook is to move it to another random notebook, then to the one I wanted to in the first place. Very irritating, because I couldn't reliably recreate it, though I tried for a while. 

Definitely a bug, but I'm unsure as to how to submit a report if we can't reliably recreate it...

Including an activity log may be helpful.  There are a few ways of doing this in the Windows client.  I can't address the Mac client.

Including an activity log may be helpful.  There are a few ways of doing this in the Windows client.  I can't address the Mac client.

Good idea. Not sure how to do that for Mac either... perhaps somebody else (or an EN staff member) could point me in the right direction?

Archived