(Archived) Filter on multiple tags Evernote Android

Wesramm

Hi, I love the ability to be able to filter notes in Evernote on multiple tags, so that I can display only the time and contexts that I want, but I cannot figure out how to select multiple tags on the Android port. Version 4.4.2 on Android 4.4.1

Thanks,

Wes

• Level 5*

I use the Android version on Kindle Fire. Evernote version is the beta 4.5. You can do multiple tags using this version (I can't recall if you can using the 4.4.1 version, but it's worth a try). This is a little awkward, but it works:

* show the tags pane

* select a tag: it will appear at the top of the tag pane, but note pane will then quickly cover the tag pane

* slide the note pane to the right to expose the tag pane again

* select another tag; that should also appear at the top of the tag pane, with the previous tag, so you are now filtering on those two tags

• Level 5*
Sort of negates the entire premise of using Evernote "out and about". If you cannot filter on contexts and locations, you lose a great deal of the functionality. I cannot imagine that this will remain the case.

Well, yes. As I said, you can already search using multiple tags in the current beta...

Multitag selection is available on the market.

When a tag is selected, the tag list displays only the other tags associated with the first one.

So, if there is no note with Tag A AND Tag B, selecting Tag A wouldn't display Tag B in the list.

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

In the version 5 (I'm running the 5.1 beta, but I think this holds for earlier versions), you can just keep selecting tags. Once you start selecting tags, the tag list narrows down to other tags that have the currently selected tags already (though I've seen tags in that list that should probably not be there). The selected tags collect at the top of the Tag pane so you can see what you are filtering by, or de-select one or more of them.

• 1 month later...

could someone send a screenshot of what they're describing because i really cant figure out how to do this?

seems like a really important feature to be able to filter down your notes by more than just one tag :(

• 1 month later...

I've already sent a ticket to support about this, but thought I might get better insight here.

So on my phone, I select a tag, it immediately slides over the notes for that tag, as expected. If I slide left-to-right, it goes back to the home screen (where you have the 4 icons and Notes, Notebooks, Tags, etc). 

On my tablet, when I slide left-to-right on the notes for a tag, I get the tag display again, so I can select additional tags.

The tablet works like I'd expect, the phone doesn't, and it's really bugging me that I can't select multiple tags on the phone without using Advanced Search, which is cumbersome for quick things.

I uninstalled EN on the phone, installed the latest beta, still the same. I've scoured settings, nothing. I have to assume that the code just decides my screen is too small and just takes me back to the home screen.

Let me know if there's something I can do to get multi-tag select on the phone.

Thanks!

I've already sent a ticket to support about this, but thought I might get better insight here.

So on my phone, I select a tag, it immediately slides over the notes for that tag, as expected. If I slide left-to-right, it goes back to the home screen (where you have the 4 icons and Notes, Notebooks, Tags, etc). 

On my tablet, when I slide left-to-right on the notes for a tag, I get the tag display again, so I can select additional tags.

The tablet works like I'd expect, the phone doesn't, and it's really bugging me that I can't select multiple tags on the phone without using Advanced Search, which is cumbersome for quick things.

I uninstalled EN on the phone, installed the latest beta, still the same. I've scoured settings, nothing. I have to assume that the code just decides my screen is too small and just takes me back to the home screen.

Let me know if there's something I can do to get multi-tag select on the phone.

Thanks!

Agreed. No idea how this works. My tablet works fine with the panel swiping left and right. My phone doesn't however. 

Please let us know if / when you get a reply. 

I got a reply from support, they acknowledged that it was a bug and that an internal bug report was filed.

Multi-tag selection seems like a pretty big piece of functionality, so hopefully this gets queued right behind any fatal bugs!

• 2 months later...

I got a reply from support, they acknowledged that it was a bug and that an internal bug report was filed.

Multi-tag selection seems like a pretty big piece of functionality, so hopefully this gets queued right behind any fatal bugs!

This is good to know, glad I came across this post...  I thought I was just loosing my mind :-)

Archived