Sticky "to do list" for Evernote on Android?

I keep a "post it" note on my phone desktop as a checklist of things that I need to do during the day...it's simple, no extra clicks...just look at the list...touch with your finger and it checks of the item. Adding an item is simple too...just hit the "pencil" icon and speak or type.

Is there some add in for Evernote that would replicate this simplicity?

I've now downloaded and am giving Evernote another chance but I'm finding that though notes are cool in EN...they are buried deeper than I want sometimes.

Can someone help with an add on or something?

Thanks for the feedback, similar feature is on our wish list.

In the meantime you can probably do something similar with the widget (separate app).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evernote.widget&hl=en

add a tag "todo" to the notes you want to add, and configure the widget so it displays the notes with "todo".

The list is limited to 3 notes for now and you will need to edit the note to remove the todo tag.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes, ColorNotes widgets are outstanding! And the way they treat checklists (checked items are removed automatically). Would be really great if you add this functionality (oh yes, and color!).

Meanwhile, it is such a pity one cannot share a note from EN to CN as an actual note, not as a web link.

As I wrote before: YES PLEASE created the one note widget! I used Evernote for everything including my todo-list. I write and store it in Evernote and then I copy it to the Text Memo widget. It would be really useful if Evernote had a widget that only displayed one note.

I would love it to be designed like the text memo widget – where the background is transparent so you can see your homescreen theme behind it, but some user might also want solid color – so maybe both options would be best.

Text memo have many different sizes widget incl. 2x2, would be great for the Evernote One Note Widget to have many sizes available.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I will chime in on this too. I also would like to see a seperate 'todo' list in a widget.  I did try the evernote widget and used a tag to just show that note but it's not the same at all.

Here are my two purposes.  I also used colornote to put a todo list (widget) on my home screen, just with stuff I needed to do that week It's easy, not very busy looking and easy to see/access.  My other purpose is to have a weekly menu 'board' on my kitchen tablet.  I use this 'board' to outline what I'm making to take to lunch at work daily and the evening dinner meals. If evernote allowed me to do this, I could update this anywhere, which would be GREAT.

Please consider some type of "todo" list widget!!!!

• Level 5*

You can display choose to display reminders in the latest Evernote widget, if you're using reminders as a to-do list. Alternatively, you can choose to display the results of a saved search in the widget's note list, if you are using notes to represent to-do items and have them easily identifiable (e.g. via tags).

You can display choose to display reminders in the latest Evernote widget, if you're using reminders as a to-do list. Alternatively, you can choose to display the results of a saved search in the widget's note list, if you are using notes to represent to-do items and have them easily identifiable (e.g. via tags).

I actually did set this up, using a tag and the widget to display that particular note (which contained my to do list). The problem for me though is that the widget displays the information in a non-listed format so everything looks 'scrunched up'.  I'd like a widget that allows me to display a to do list in an orderly list with direct access to the checkboxes.

I actually did set this up, using a tag and the widget to display that particular note (which contained my to do list). The problem for me though is that the widget displays the information in a non-listed format so everything looks 'scrunched up'.  I'd like a widget that allows me to display a to do list in an orderly list with direct access to the checkboxes.

Instead of make a todo list inside a note, you can make each "to do item" as an individual note and apply the reminder for them. Then, go to the widget and configure it to show the reminders list. You will get this

android_widget.png

Instead of make a todo list inside a note, you can make each "to do item" as an individual note and apply the reminder for them. Then, go to the widget and configure it to show the reminders list. You will get this

android_widget.png

Great idea.. but,

I did exactly as you said but I don't have a 'reminders' in my notes list.  I hae "Last viewed" "Last Updated" "Notebook" "Tag" and "Saved Search"

android_widget.png

Great idea.. but,

I did exactly as you said but I don't have a 'reminders' in my notes list.  I hae "Last viewed" "Last Updated" "Notebook" "Tag" and "Saved Search"

Looks like you have an older version of the widget... (unless that's just in the beta version right now I forget sorry) 

• 5 months later...

I hope someone from EN sees this!   EN has revolutionized my life for the positive. The way it works for me is with EN Sticky Notes b/c they since across my devices. I need more functionality in Sticky Notes. I prob. have about 10 different Sticky Notes, all to-do's, based on topic (e.g., several for home things, many more for the various departments I oversee at work.). 

Can you give us BOLDING in SN, also put the font (parts of the SN) in a different color. 

Checkboxes would be awesome too.

I still haven't figured out how to see my SN notes on my Android tablet....this would be incredibly helpful as I spend a lot of time in the car and need to easily see the stuff.  Reminders isn't the right concept.....It's not a "do this today" but rather a lot of items in numerous topics (SN) that I keep prioritizing and going after every day.

Well, I would love to be a beta tester for you if you want some more input and help.

Thanks! Killer app. I just bought Premium, mostly out of feeling you guys deserve me to pay for it.  Evernote, EN Sticky Notes, and my Fujitsu Scansnap -- wow!

Bonnie in PA

• 9 months later...

You say i have to make as many notes as many things on my to do list?! This is just a terrible solution. I still cant do more than one to do list, and cant sync with sticky notes.... by the way in sticky notes i cant get notes from evernote? Ofc if i make a note with SN, it will appear in EN and after that it will sync, but i cant take already writed notes out from EN to SN.

(I use EN, EN widget, EN SN, and want to see my notes on my tablet homepage just one at a time in one as list view, and on my pc as sticky notes. And i want to make more todo lists.... Why is that so hard? :( )

• 8 months later...

This is pretty hilariously ineffective. 

To my knowledge this still hasn't been implemented.

Have 'to do'/checklists still not been properly integrated into the EN widget? That is an incredibly time consuming workaround for something that should have been integrated day one??

Archived