How to turn off synching skitch with evernote

JP777

Hi,

Is there a way to NOT synch skitch with evernote? Currently, when I take screenshots on my mac, it synch's with Evernote, but it also synch's with my iPhone. I don't need to save my screenshots on my iPhone and it's taking up space on my phone.

Can you please advise?

Thanks,

Jay

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Follow up question:

- If I NEVER sync skitch with Evernote, is there a way to still create a link to my screenshot so I can send to someone?  I just don't want it to sync with Evernote b/c I don't need the screenshots on my iPhone, but I do need to share the screenshot with people via a URL link.

Also, I noticed that the new version of Skitch does not allow the NEVER option anymore, so I had to downgrade to keep that feature.  Any thought on this?

Thanks,

Jay

@JP77

"Never" is still there, we just renamed it to "Manual". The "Never" name was confusing, because there are cases where the app still saves even if set to "Never". For example, if you are marking up a PDF and have already saved once; add a new mark; but take a screen snap before saving, Skitch will automatically save the annotated PDF because so your progress is not lost. 

- If I NEVER sync skitch with Evernote, is there a way to still create a link to my screenshot so I can send to someone?

This is not possible because the Note must be saved to Evernote's service in order for it to be hosted, so that a shared link can be generated and accessed by any third party. 

• 2 months later...

@Joe

Thanks for your reply on this. I know it's  a old post but I would like to share my comment and hope it can be considered in the future. 

The functionality of skitch is the best I have came across. Currently I'm not a premium user of evernote (yet) so whenever I used skitch with a large number of screenshots, the images will push my monthly usage to limit. Even when I choose "manually sync", they will still automatically sync whenever I click on [save]. In an ideal world (of a non-premium user), it will be great if we can use skitch as a local app, or be given the option "never" to sync. We just need to use it as a screen capture software without worrying about syncing to evernote. 

Having said all that, I will still understand if the must-sync option is a strategy to encourage more premium users. After all, good thing is not free. But this would be a separate discussion. 

Thanks. 

I'm glad I keep an older version of Skitch on my Mac. I reached my quota and the "See Premium Information" pop-up becomes a serious flicking PITA :)

Saving locally would be great because I've now seen the "See Premium Information" pop-up about 30 times in the last 15 minutes while making smaller changes to some screenshots.

It's too aggressive.

So while the month runs out I'll switch to my older Skitch 1.0.12 that'll only sync if I decide it will saving locally while backing up to Dropbox with a SymLink.

post-145057-0-36422300-1375720548_thumb.

post-145057-0-29780900-1375720703_thumb.

• 2 months later...

@coachmac - Skitch syncs asynchronous when it can which means even though the spinner may stop there could be some final sync issues resolving in the background. Likewise when you quit we do a quick check to make sure there isn't any unsaved data and if so we try and sync that before the app fully quits. In both cases we do this to make the app speedier and try and ensure all data is saved. 

• 1 year later...

I've read above, and have my Skitch settings set to manual syncing, and that's where they have been as far as I can remember, however, even with manual synch selected, I'm still finding my Skitch images in my Evernote account.

How do I make this stop?

• 10 months later...

Same here as last comment. I choose "Manual", but Skitch keeps on uploading to Evernote on every screenshot I take. I'm using Skitch version 2.7.8 (264008).

How do I prevent syncing to Evernote?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Matthew Morrison and @j0ng,

If you would like to save files in Skitch locally you will need to be signed in and sync to Evernote. Otherwise, your options are: 

1. Set Skitch to 'Manual sync' and click on Save for any files you want to sync to Evernote (which will also save the files locally in the Skitch thumbnail view).

or 

2. Sign out of your Evernote account which will prevent syncing and prevent saving locally (unless you drag the file and save it manually to a location on your computer).

If this doesn't help, could you tell me a little more about the problem you are encountering with syncing Skitch files to Evernote? There may be some alternate suggestions I can offer by better understanding your situation.

• 2 months later...

Archived