Chrome Clipper 5.9.5 beta version - adds PDF clipping

jbignert

Idea

Hi all,

We're working on a new version of the Chrome Web Clipper that will add a few items:

- PDF clips

- It doesn't have the 'Save PDF' text on buttons, but it works if you click any of the options when you're on a pdf page

- Doesn't work yet on urls that don't end in .pdf

- Autocomplete against Business tags if filing into a Business Notebook

- Bug fixes

UPDATE - this version is now released.

18 replies to this idea

Hi again Glen,

Ok, not sure why I thought you were on Safari. The Adobe reader advice does not apply to Chrome. It should work just fine without. 

Upgrading may or may not solve it, however we test on 10.7.x & 10.8.x so hopefully that takes care of it. Let me know otherwise.

Here's a sample URL that (one of many we test against) 

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf

Hi there Browncoat,

Thank you for your prompt response.

-I am getting to closer to needing to upgrade to 10.7 your reply get me closer *smile*

-I am using Chrome not Safari does this matter, does the adobe reader rule still apply?

Thank for your help.  I think I will up grade in the next month or so at a timely gap in my work.

-Glen

Hi Glen, a few tips could be

- If you can update to 10.7 or higher that may help. we do not officially support 10.6.8 anymore for the Safari Clipper.

- Try installing the Adobe Reader, it will make the clipping experience generally better as we cannoinject any feedback on the clipping process if you do not have it. (Safari limitation)

- If you are comfrotable sharing the URL to the PDF site we can run tests on that.

Also, what Safari version and Clipper version are you running?

In general PDF support is pretty mature across Evernote apps.

Hi all

I am trying to Clip PDf's from Chrome on Mac OSX 10.6.8 and the it doesn't work.

Then tried to add the same 1.5MB PDF directly from the finder and it embedded into the note as expected but Evernote then fails to sync.  Removing the PDF allow evernote to Sync again.

Are PDF's in Evernote still work in progress?

Sincerely

Glen 

I have not found a single page, which allows me to use the option "save as pdf" in the web clipper - it's permanently greyed out. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using Chrome 24.0.1312.52 and the latest stable Evernote Web Clipper extension.

Archived