Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I logged into Evernot yesterday and today I tried to decypt my encrypted note but the password I knew well didn't work. I logout and logged in again , then it worked. Before logging in again I tried typing password somewhere else to see if caps lock or something wasn't turned on but it was all ordinary. a bug? I made me worried about my important encrypted information.

using Windows 7 64bit, Evernote v4.5

Share this post


Link to post

Just tried and all is green and working fine. Most likely you typed in a slightly wrong password.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

There's no way since I know this password well as my own name and I tried to type it like 10 times before closing and opening Evernote again.

Share this post


Link to post

I logged into Evernot yesterday and today I tried to decypt my encrypted note but the password I knew well didn't work. I logout and logged in again , then it worked. Before logging in again I tried typing password somewhere else to see if caps lock or something wasn't turned on but it was all ordinary. a bug? I made me worried about my important encrypted information.

using Windows 7 64bit, Evernote v4.5

I agree with Wern...you've typed an incorrect encryption password. BTW, the login password & the encryption password are not necessarily the same password. It depends upon what you enter as the encryption password. If you forget your login password, you can retrieve that with the 'forgot password' link. However, encryption passwords are not stored/retained by EN (nor by ANY good/true encryption software/app) so cannot be retrieved. If you forget them you are SOL (as my late father used to say.)

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure the original poster has moved on but I wanted to post this in case anyone else is having the problem and runs across this thread.  I have been having a similar problem.  I know I was typing in the correct password.  One of the devices was my work PC and one was my home PC.  I could work with both at the same time by using TeamViewer to remotely access one of the PCs from the other.  In this way, I could use copy and paste to ensure that I was not mistyping the password.  And, while it worked on one PC, it would not work on the other (for the same note).

 

Anyway, I noticed that the version of Evernote on the PC not accepting the password was several versions behind the other.  Updating it fixed the issue.  Not sure if the underlying problem was a sync-related issue, a bug in the old version, or an indexing thing (the upgrade forced a reindex) but it fixed the problem.  The password now works.

 

I agree that mistyping the password is still the single most likely problem in a case like this.  But, if you've absolutely, positively ruled it out, you might try updating all your installs to ensure they are all running the most current version.  Which is probably a good idea anyway.  :-) 

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...