(Archived) How do you delete a note in an EnB trash can

EdH

• Level 5*

AFAIK, you cannot, and I am jammed up right now. My business notebooks aren't syncing. When I sent in a support request, I was told to delete a particular note that was causing the issue, then delete it from the trash or empty the trash.

Problem is, there is no way to do the second part of those instructions. So I am waiting, but meanwhile, my EnB account is useless. Nothing will sync.

What it says when you try to delete a business note is:

To Prevent data loss, notes from business notebooks cannot be permantely (yes that is how it is spelt!) deleted by this application.

Business notes can be permanently deleted from the Admin Console on the web.

However, when you go to the Admin console there is no indication of how to delete a note!

Regards

Chris

We having the exact same problem. There are loads of bugs in the business version, and my opinion is that is not ready for the commercial market. We cannot delete from the trashcan, our notes are also not syncing due to an error. Tech support tell us to delete the note. This is just not possible. I am sure that the tech support are not trained yet on the business version as the answers they are giving do not comply to the business version

The only way to solve this problem is that you delete the local database and resync from the internet web to your machine. Unfortunalty this makes you loose the locally stored work. In our case three people have different copies now as 2 of us have sync issues. (with our first 40 notes) It is defniatly not a stable product, and i dont think Evernote should be selling this at EUR 10 per person per month for a alpha product.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also running into the same issue. Although, check to confirm that your notes aren't syncing. My system is throwing a "Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at the client side." error, but it does seem to be syncing.

I have responded to the support group and perhaps in the short term they can delete our offending items directly should the interface not be able to do so.

• Level 5

Evernote employees read all these posts.

This problem was posted 3 weeks ago.

Multiple customers confirmed the Catch-22 problem.

No suggestions or comment from anyone in the know at Evernote.

• Level 5*

This deletion problem extends to the notebooks themselves. I am currently unaware how one would delete a notebook. Hopefully, this will be addressed soon. I am sure the Evernote developers are aware of the issues by now.

Hi all,

We're currently working on the Admin function to permanently delete (expunge) business notes. This will be coming soon, sorry for the inconvenience.

Feel free to reach out to the EB success team if you are in acute need of deleting business data.

• Level 5

In my opinion, the Evernote Business Success team should spend some time every week reviewing and commenting on the business posts on this forum.

Don't be a stranger.

• Level 5*

Hi all,

We're currently working on the Admin function to permanently delete (expunge) business notes. This will be coming soon, sorry for the inconvenience.

Feel free to reach out to the EB success team if you are in acute need of deleting business data.

Has that changed then? I have ticket 16051-203005 because my EnB account won't sync due to a corrupt note. On Dec 19th, the final note I payed attention to said I should leave the notebook, delete the notebook and recreate. Obviously I am not going to export a bunch of notes, trash their links, creation dates, and note history, leave the notebook, delete the notebook from the admin panel, create a new notebook, join the notebook, and finally import all of those notes just to delete a note. Rather than delete the note for me though, this was their solution. That was as useful to me as calling Dell with a driver problem and being told to just format my hard drive and put the recovery CD in.

My solution thus far is to stop using EnB as it isn't reliable. Mine hasn't sync'd in 3 weeks. they have my logs and know the exact note that is the problem. they identified it for me and told me to delete it, even though EnB doesn't support the deletion of notes in any shape, form or fashion by end users and admins alike.

I received a good email from the support team this morning that I want to pass along in case it helps others.

First, keep in mind that not all of our sync errors are necessisarily caused by the same issue. My issue is that I renamed the Business Notebook after it was created. When looking through the "activity log" I had a "permission_denied" error.

They said they are working on a solution with the next release. I am not sure if this will fix the existing issue or if it will simply resolve the issue from happening again.

In any case, similar to a couple others here, I was leary about copying data out and back in again (which would break cross linking) as I feared the issue would simply happen again. Knowing it was caused by renaming the notebook will mean my work will only need to be done once which I am ok with.

Archived