(Archived) chrome web clipper extension not adding on mac

frankielou

Hi frankilou, we've not heard about any issues installing it for the general users. In any case what OS version are you using? And if you have anymore details on what happens that should help us.

We have 2 locations you can install from, you may want to try both since they are using slightly different install methods:

1) Chrome Web Store

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/evernote-web-clipper/pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

2) Evernote site

http://evernote.com/webclipper/

I have a similar issue. The extension does not seem to want to install using either method. In the case of the Chrome Web Store, after agreeing to the install the button turns blue and says "Checking" but does nothing after that. In the case of downloading directly from the Evernote site, it does not seem to want to even download.

I am using OSX 10.8.2 and Chrome 23.0.1271.97

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing the same error, but running Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m on Windows XP.

When adding the Web Clipper extension, from both the Chrome Web Store and the Evernote site, the CRX file downloads and disappears from the Chrome interface without adding to the browser. When dragging the file from downloads back into Chrome, the browser returns the error "Package is invalid: 'CRX_MAGIC_NUMBER_INVALID'."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Internally we are not yet able to reproduce this issue. If you have a few minutes and send us any error logs that would be helpful.

It may be a Chrome browser bug as reported here: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=165627 but we are looking into if we can mitigate it on Web Clipper side.

To get Chrome JS logs:

Win - press Ctrl + Shift + J

Mac - press Option + Command + J

Copy and paste all lines in a PM to me or attach a screenshot of it here or in a PM.

Thx

Here's an additional tip from the Chrome user forum...

----

It turns out I was logged to Chrome with one Google account and in the Chrome Web Store with another one. When I re-logged in Chrome Web Store the problem seems to be gone.

---

• 5 weeks later...

I was having the exact same issue with Google Chrome on both my Mac mini with OS X version 10.7.5 and my MacBook.

Turns out you will get this problem if you are NOT signed into Chrome at all.  I was getting it when I was not signed into anything on Chrome; no Gmail account, no Chrome Web Store account, nada.  Once I signed into my Gmail account I was able to successfully install the Clearly extension (which I love - thank you Evernote!) and the Evernote Web Clipper extension.

Thanks for the pointer jbignert.

Apache IP 

• 1 month later...

I believe I am having the same issue with a slightly different flavor. (Apologies if it's an entirely separate issue).

Trying to install from both the Web Clipper landing page on Evernote.com and from the Google Chrome Store

From Evernote page nothing happens when I click the "Get Web Clipper for Chrome" button.

In Chrome Store I get a "An Error Has Occurred" pop-up with the message regardless of whether I am logged in or out: "There was a problem adding the item to Chrome. Please refresh the page and try again."

Mac OS X Version 10.7.4 on 2012 MacBook Pro; Chrome Version 20.0.1132.47

post-128988-0-63859400-1364316412_thumb.

@McMasters

You need to update Google Chrome to stable release (or at least Chrome 22+). Google depreciated manifest version 1 around that timeframe and forced extensions to use manifest version 2 (which is what Chrome Clipper uses since version 5.7)

Let me know if an update does not solve it.

I got the same error. Running v22.0.1229.79

Error in console is:

1. Error during webstorePrivate.beginInstallWithManifest3: Invalid manifest

@Chris - same answer - Chrome have required extension developers to update to manifest version 2 that is not backwards compatible with manifest version 1. Please update Chrome to stable 25 version. 

Glad you're back to functional clippings - yeah I could have been wrong in the exact version when Google depreciated manifest version 1. In summary it's always best to run stable version if possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived