(Archived) Cannot move opened note window

jbenson2

• Level 5

Yesterday, I upgraded Evernote to version 4.6.0.7670 (268178) Public for Windows

I now have a problem that I cannot solve.

When I open a note, the upper portion of the note is hidden above the upper edge of my monitor. I cannot reposition the note.

Is there a way to grab the note and move it downwards?

Here is a screen grab that shows the upper portion of my monitor display.

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/0923a787-45f7-454f-80a8-416ab4131efb/b03f8ea181e3c517456f6a6071c8b034

Alt + Space when the window is active should allow you access the move option, where you can move the window with the arrow keys.

Not sure as to why it would be placed there in the first place...

EDIT: Once you do move it to somewhere that you want, Quit Evernote, which should force the location to be saved in the registry. This should stop it showing up there continually (assuming you don't find a way to put it back up there again :P)

• Level 5

Thank you, both. I've evernoted the tip.

I tried the Alt + Space. It brought up the drop down menu. I selected MOVE and the cursor changed to the MOVE 4-arrow icon. But it would not move the note.

Scratched my head a bit more.

I also installed Dragon Naturally Speaking version 12 a couple days ago. It has a Dragon Sidebar with tips which reduces the amount of viewable space. I opened the program, then closed the sidebar and the Evernote note was positioned correctly.

[edit] also logged out of Evernote, then signed back in as suggested above

It works for me. When it becomes the 4 way arrow, you have to either:

- Click on the title bar and move (since all it does is move the cursor there)

- Press the arrow keys which will move the window.

Since you couldn't do the former, and clicking elsewhere doesn't work, the arrow keys would be the only option.

• Level 5

It works for me. When it becomes the 4 way arrow, you have to either:

- Click on the title bar and move (since all it does is move the cursor there)

- Press the arrow keys which will move the window.

Since you couldn't do the former, and clicking elsewhere doesn't work, the arrow keys would be the only option.

Awesome! Never would have thought of using the arrow keys.

I learn something from this forum every day.

Thanks again.

Archived