How Writers Use Evernote (and Google Drive, Dropbox, CloudHQ)

Hi,

Here is a short blog post with some tips how to use Evernote for writing (actually how few of our customers use it).

http://blog.cloudhq....ive-dropbox-and

TL;DR version:

• Evernote for prewriting (ideas, investigation, photos, interviews, collecting links, drafts, ...)
  • Google Docs for the main bulk of the writing and editing process (sentence fluency, using precise language, etc.) - and collaborations
  • Dropbox for backup and distribution/sharing and final publishing touches
  • cloudHQ to sync all your data between all these services

Please comment.

Thanks!

Senad

For blog publishing Markdown is the hands down best way to go, with simple text files. For that purpose I've been using nvALT and Byword. Trying to think of the way how to do it in Evernote, without getting out of Evernote.

nvALT is saving files in Dropbox, and let's me search them pretty much the same way Evernote does, with an added bonus of markdown support. Once I see markdown support for Evernote, seems all of my writing will naturallly gravitate towards Evernote.

I also agree with ebusinesstutor, Scrivener is pretty awesome. I've been writing my book in it.

Hi @Bojan011,

I love writing in Markdown too, I write in straight in Evernote thou before publishing straight to Tumblr.

In fact, all from idea generation to pre-writing to writing I do it all in EN :D

Thanks for sharing "nvALT and Byword" will be looking at it too

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been here a while so I haven't seen your post.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to write in Evernote, but it still isn't there yet.

On the other hand all my research goes to Evernote, and is a valuable reference.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on how you want to write in Evernote, you can use a little blogging tool that I have recently put up on GitHub. I've been refining this program for the last few months for other people to use, and I've been using it for my personal site since the start of 2012.

It doesn't yet support Markdown, but it's something I've started looking into ... even though Evernote itself would not show the proper HTML format.

Archived