(Archived) Using Tags for Business Notebooks

Tags don't seem to operate the same in the Business Notebooks. In the personal, all of the tags would appear in the sidebar on the left and I could drag to a note. Now only the Tags for that Notebook appear in the sidebar. I also don't see any tags from the personal folders.

So a couple of questions. Are the tags shared across Personal and Business Folders (I'd perfer them to be seperate). Second, why do I only see the tag listed for that Notebook, not all of the tags for Business??

If I tag a note that's in a business notebook using the Mac client, sync attempts from that point on do nothing. Even deleting the tag and trying to sync is unsuccessful. I've had to blow away the Library/Application Support/Evernote directory and re-sync everything.

I've also been unable to tag notes in a business notebook using the web interface.

Yes or no, should I be able to tag business notes using either the Mac client or web client?

@Kronin

Yes you should be able to tag notes in a Business Notebook provided you have Modify or higher access to it. If you created the notebook you will have that by default.

Make sure you are on the latest build, currently 5.0.4 since we've fixed a few bugs in that version.

Thanks. Updated to 5.0.4 (I was on 5.0.3, downloaded and installed yesterday) and tagging business notes appears to work.

The Tags section lists both personal and business tags, good. Clicking on them brings up both personal and business notes with that same tag, good.

Now, back to the web client, the Tags section only lists tags from personal notes. And selecting those tags, even if there's overlap with Business tags (same name), the business notes tagged as such don't show up (even when not limiting to personal notebooks). Why the inconsistency?

Edit: Also, just tried out the iPad app as well. Business notes can be tagged, but like the web client, the Tags section only lists tags from personal notes, and selecting those tags only displays personal notes that are tagged, not business notes (even if they share the same name). (iOS 5.1.1, Evernote 5.1.0)

I have the same problem as hope.

Having transferred a lot of notes to my new business account, they still have the correct tags but they are not shown in the tag list. This is taking into account that the personal and business tags will or should be shown separately.

Regards

Chris

Quite odd now.

On my Windows 7 laptop I have a lot of tags available when I select in this case the 'Business' folder. Each tag states how many 'notes' it has, but when you click on the tag nothing happens!

Very strange.

Regards

Chris

Even stranger on the web version.

It shows the tags, but with no number next to them. You click on them and there are no notes. Click on the tag again and it reverts to the previous notes list!

Oh woe are tag's in Evernote!

Will try on the iPad now.

Regards

Chris

Which client are you using? We're aware of an issue with business tags on Windows that we're working on. If you're using another client, I'll let that team know. Thanks!

Please get tags sorted in the Windows client soon!

Best regards

Chris

• 5 months later...

I am using Windows 7. I am experiencing similar issues with regards to the business tags. I have created Personal Tags.. while working on free account. I recently upgraded my account for my business because of the features provided in the free version, assuming they would function identically, or with added features. However, the behavior of the business tags has become somewhat counterproductive... And if I cannot correct this then I have successfully corrupted my functioning personal tag structure and have wasted hours of time creating an elaborate business tag structure.

PROBLEM:

1. 1. I can't create business tags, that remain business tags. I have to actually tag a business note for a count of that tag to display in the left pane.  Otherwise all tags created are ALL MOVED OVER AND CONSOLIDATED INTO ONE PERSONAL TAG TREE. (which is not the expected or intended result)
  2. Connected (shared) users have also been unsuccessful in accessing the created business tags. How do you share business tags? One organization should be able to create one master tag structure to which connected users can modify (with rights) or utilize within their business account.

Please advise.

Archived