New Tag Layout in V 5

mustela7

Idea

I am struggling with the new tags layout - after using it a bit I must say it is not so bad, as it gives a great overview to all tags (more than one column) but:

• The new tags window showing all tags has really much potential to be better designed in respect to useability:
    • Slightly dark grey text on grey background which is slightly light grey when highlighted. This is basic. Basically impossible..
    • Tag hierarchy: I cannot say its not there, but it is somehow confusing. A bit more sort of a grid than just this "cloud of tags" would show things more clearly, my opinion.

[*]The tags hierarchy on the left side window can still be reactivated in the options, but has lost almost all right click menu functions like "new tag" etc. I do not see the point of implementing this without its basic functions? Area of development?

After all: Using tags hierarchically is something where evernote was strong. And (as I have some doubts about it) hopefully will be!

5 replies to this idea

I'm also having trouble reading the low-contrast tag view screen with the gray text on a gray background. The tag view screen is nice from a design perspective, but I find it really slows down productivity when I have to make an extra effort to read the text. I hope for more contrast in the text in future releases.

I am also wondering if the height of the tag "bubbles" could be reduced to allow for more entries to appear on a screen in the tag view, and thus reduce scrolling. The tag bubbles on the tag view screen appear to be nearly double the height of the tag bubbles in the note view. Again, it may be nice from a design perspective, but it might not be very functional. By the way, the black text on light blue background of the note view tags is much easier on the eyes.

Thank you for the opportunity to offer feedback.

Karen

• Level 5*

I'm also having trouble reading the low-contrast tag view screen with the gray text on a gray background. The tag view screen is nice from a design perspective, but I find it really slows down productivity when I have to make an extra effort to read the text. I hope for more contrast in the text in future releases.

I am also wondering if the height of the tag "bubbles" could be reduced to allow for more entries to appear on a screen in the tag view, and thus reduce scrolling. The tag bubbles on the tag view screen appear to be nearly double the height of the tag bubbles in the note view. Again, it may be nice from a design perspective, but it might not be very functional. By the way, the black text on light blue background of the note view tags is much easier on the eyes.

Karen

I couldn't agree more on both points. I'm fine with the overall bleak, gray interface. I actually like gray. But, not when it comes to my notes. The gray on gray is quite tiring, and when I switch over to the Windows app, I am immediately aware of how nice it is to see black text on a white background.

Karen

I couldn't agree more on both points. I'm fine with the overall bleak, gray interface. I actually like gray. But, not when it comes to my notes. The gray on gray is quite tiring, and when I switch over to the Windows app, I am immediately aware of how nice it is to see black text on a white background.

1+ on behalf of the "More Mature Eyeballs Club." 

(Same for the left hand sidebar in the desktop app, which is tough to read toward the end of a long day.)

Hey, as fall ends and daylight turns grey, please give us back some contrast in evernote!

Honestly I cannot believe this grey on grey graphical layout of tags in mac version of Evernote is good for anybody else than my optician. Please. These are basic usability considerations. And overall usability is why I love Evernote. My dear Evernote, you will still look good if you are getting readable!

Archived