Using Evernote for Small Teams

Hi all -

I'm trying to find a way for my small team (5 people) to gather interesting visual, sound and article components. Essentially a team-wide journal of things that are pertinent to our group and field of study. Sharing a folder is not an option because the only person who can add to the folder is the original creator. So how can I create a sharing environment that isn't overly complicated.

I do realize that creating an entirely separate account is an option, but I personally do not want to juggle two separate logins for the same service.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi all -

I'm trying to find a way for my small team (5 people) to gather interesting visual, sound and article components. Essentially a team-wide journal of things that are pertinent to our group and field of study. Sharing a folder is not an option because the only person who can add to the folder is the original creator. So how can I create a sharing environment that isn't overly complicated.

I do realize that creating an entirely separate account is an option, but I personally do not want to juggle two separate logins for the same service.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you looked into Evernote Business? I think that would suit you well, but a Premium account with a shared notebook would be nice as well. One person purchases the Premium account, and when sharing the notebook with the others, they can set the permissions so that everyone can modify the content. In general, I'd say it is best to avoid having multiple accounts, and it seems unnecessary in this case.

• 1 month later...

We do this where I work. We happen to have a separate company-only premium account but you could do as Grumpy says and use a shared folder from one person's account.

For us we have a company account that has a KnowledgeBase notebook shared with all users giving permission. I can from my account create new notes, etc. The only thing I can't do is create new tags - the main account has to do that. I've not checked it lately but that used to be the case.

• 1 month later...

I Use EN Business for my small business team which is based in the UK and China. Notebooks are published to the business library and can be edited and updated as necessary. It works well.

However I recently shared two notebooks with a non premium user (customer) No problem sharing but when they tried to move a note from one shared notebook to another shared notebook it didn't work. I went to help out and found if I first moved the note to a personal notebook then moved it to the different shared notebook, it worked.

Not sure why this should be, but I guess it is a bug.

Archived