(Archived) Evernote 5.0.3 For Mac

Jackolicious

Idea

• Level 5*

I haven't seen this issue stated in here. Running EN 5.0.5; OS X 10.8.2; 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 4GB of DDR3; 256GB SSD

Evernote is basically unusable for me on the Mac. I try to create a new note and get a couple of words in and get the beach ball of death for about 10-15 seconds then I'm freed up to start typing again, but the process just repeats. I only seem to have this problem on the Mac. I don't have the issue with the iOS app or on the Windows version.

I have deleted and reinstalled (App Store), but nothing has changed. It takes forever to sync with the web notes (about 1000 notes) and then I still have the beach ball issue.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I can't say why you would be experiencing this error, but in general, I think it is a better idea to be on the direct download version of the app. If you follow the directions here closely to get a clean install, you should be able to be up and running again within a few minutes.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/16062-uninstalling-everrnote-for-mac-os-x/#entry173494

Hi Grumpy Monkey,

I had this beachball issue with the Mac Appstore version of evernote 5.0.6 and thanks to you I fixed it by totatally uninstalling (with clean my mac2) it and downloading the home brew version 5.0.7.

A BIG thank you !!!

M

• Level 5*

Hi Grumpy Monkey,

I had this beachball issue with the Mac Appstore version of evernote 5.0.6 and thanks to you I fixed it by totatally uninstalling (with clean my mac2) it and downloading the home brew version 5.0.7.

A BIG thank you !!!

M

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I'm glad I could help!

Archived