(Archived) Suggestions for Evernote Business

oxjox

Idea

I made a comment about this in a thread note too long ago and the response was that Evernote was not designed for these sorts of services. With the creation of a Business service division, perhaps these suggestions can be considered.

If you want to offer a "Business Class" service, here are my feature requests:

Immediate sharing to all team members.

- If I create a project notebook called SMITH, everyone on the SMITH team should have this notebook appear in their Evernote without the need for a verification process. This is silly and annoying that this doesn't already occur.

- Team members will receive a notification of the update.

- The current "sharing" process is broken as you need to exit your Evernote application to confirm acquisition of the notebook on the website. This doesn't work on mobile devices the last time I checked.

Immediate and intelligent synchronization.

- Frequently I have to instruct team members to manually refresh their Evernote to receive the most recent articles. The refresh should be immediate like Dropbox.

- Sometimes two people will be working on the same document at the same time or within a few minutes of each other. This usually screws up and/or deletes data.

Collaboration

- Realtime note collaboration with colors or flags to indicate who is writing or made changes.

- Version history with time stamps.

Notifications

- A simple way to notify persons or teams that a note needs attention. Sending and receiving notifications should be built in to the application with the option of email or text updates. I would think this could easily be added to the Post / Email arrow.

Better handling of text formatting.

- The text formatting in Evernote is the main reason why I have been using other services more often. You can not copy and paste text from other resources and retain the same text format. This often ends up in double and triple line spacing, loss of bulleted lists, and overall unpleasant paragraph formatting. Hard core users of Evernote want this fixed so we can work IN Evernote.

Spreadsheets

- Better spreadsheet integration is crucial.

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived