Our new tool for Evernote and Getting Things Done

Karol_1978

Hi Evernote and GTD lovers,

I'm Karol, the CEO of OneMln, the developer of www.everdo.it

I've started this thread as we will soon be launching our 2do and calendar app that synchronizes with Evernote. It reads your notes and allows to process them in EverDo.it.

EverDo.it allows creating tasks / events out of notes or part of them. It also allows you to put an event / task to your calendar. The iPad version will be available this month. iPhone and Android in January and February.

So to sum it up - EverDo.it adds the GTD experience to Evernote :-)

You're all invited to comment on our GTD app for Evernote lovers

Would really appreciate your feedback! What kind of features would you expect? What are your wishes?

Regards,

Karol

Hi Rob,

the idea is to have a cross - platform solution. In December we will launch the version for iPad. Beginning of January - iPhone. End of January / mid February - Android and desktop (web based). I have a PC, iPad and Android phone. And the app has to work on all of them ;-)

Here is the Facebbok where you can find more about the product itself.

Should you have any questions, you can always email me at kstojek@onemln.com

Best regards,

Karol

Hi,

2 updates

- we have received a working demo, on Friday we will record a demo movie and publish it on Saturday. So you will be finally able to see how it works.

- we will probably organize on Friday (with someone you probably know very well) a Google+ Hangout, so that you will have independent feedback about our new app.

- soon we will have a video on YT showing how it works.

Best regards,

Karol

For people that are allergic to Facebook we have published the screenshots on our web page.

The first one here shows what happens when you pull down the list of notes in "inbox". As written on our FB, all notes created in Evernote go to "Inbox", which is the starting point for further processing. "Pull down" causes the Inbox to refresh.

The second one shows what happens when you swype right a note in "inbox". You can create a task without date (treated as "next") or add the date ("time - sensitive") when it goes to the calendar. Of course you can add a project or context.

On Saturday we will post screens that show how you can create a task out of a part of a note.

Best regards,

Karol

Hi,

we have totally refresh our website. Here you can find much more about the app.

In addition to that, after a G+ hangout with Daniel Gold we decided to postpone the release by 1 week. Thanks to some very interesting remarks and suggestions, we decided that EverDo.it can be better. And hence the decision. Thanks Daniel!

All the best,

Karol

CEO of EverDo.it

Hi Chris,

thanks for the message.

Not in the first release (December 2012). Our initial intention was to make the calendar in EverDo.it the place where you manage your tasks and calendar. The main feature is the Evernote - EverDo.it synchronization. And creating tasks out of notes and part of them. But after receiving the feedback, we decided that we have to include the Google integration.

So it will be there, but will come with the first update (January).

Hope this helps,

Karol

So, next update :-)

We are testing 2 new features.

1st. one is a login wizard - when you start the app for the first time, you will be able to choose the way EverDo.it synchronizes with Evernote. 3 options will be available:

a) you synchronize all your notes (which can be rather confusing for people that have 200+ notes)

B) you synchronize only the notes from a specific notebook (notebooks),

c) you synchronize only the notes having a specific tag.

2nd. one is a contexts and projects wizard - EverDo.it will read all tags from your Evernote account and ask you to pick the ones that should be used as contexts and project names in EverDo.it

Till Monday we will publish a new demo movie showing how EverDo.it works.

Karol

And some updates after 24 hours. We have been able to reach top 50 paid productivity apps on most country markets. In some countries we are among the top 25.

I would like to thank all for the downloads. We did not expect such a good results during the first day.

BTW - does someone would like to take part in beta - tests of the android version?

If yes, please send me an email @ kstojek@onemln.com or contact me via this forum.

Have a nice weekend!

Has anyone here on the forum tried this new Everdoit app?

I see this guy has been self promoting for a while. Then the app came out and got a few 1 star ratings, then got about 20 5 star ratings in a row.

I am very suspicious. The reviews all seem like they were written by the same person.

Before I spend $5.99 on an unproven app, I would like to hear some feedback here.

Thanks

Alan, thanks for the post. I was afraid that this will become a blog ;-)

I will shortly describe the situation that we have now.

After going life we discovered that there are 2 very crucial bugs:

1. The app crashes constantly on iOs 5 devices. I would be more than annoyed if I would wait for an app, paid 6$ and.... was not able to use it. As soon as we discovered it, we have put a remark to the iTunes description of the app. You can find it here: iTunes

2. There are some efficiency issues on older devices. This has been quite nicely described here: tabletproductive The author writes that although he likes the app and it's features, the app is totally unusable. True, on iPad 2 it's really annoying.

1-star reviews are mostly due to the bugs that I've described above. So if you are an iPad 2 or iOs 5 user, don't buy the app yet. You will become one of the 1-star reviewers.

But currently we are working on it. A stable iOs5 version that will also run smoothly on iPad 2 will be delivered to iTunes this week (Friday? Saturday?). So the update will be available next week. Together with the update we will also add the iCloud synchronization - this is the milestone to the iPhone version. There will be also some minor changes that will give more flexibility to the app (i.e. - you will be able to choose the notebook in which tasks created in EverDo.it are stored in Evernote).

Now I'll quote 2 1-star reviews and 1 2-stars review. Here we go.

1. Beautiful interface.

Can't change tags or notebooks within app. Can't view PDF file within program. Since I have to go to Evernote to do these things, why do I need another app?

True. If you are looking for an app that allows you to view Evernote's notes and manage tags, there is no better solution than Evernote. But if you are looking for an app that facilitates your GTD - workflow and tasks, EverDo.it is a good solution.

2. I sync'd w/Evernote and find everdo.it closes whenever I try to edit a task to add a date and the due date information is not retained. I can create a new task with a due date. - barely started working with this and will post more as I learn more. Ultimately I expect this to be a 5 start app if it is to be like Evernote!

Really a 1-star review? I agree, the app crashes on iOs 5 constantly.

3. And a 2-stars review

A useful app to help set up tasks from Evernote notes- something that has been lacking for a long time - but found the UI disappointing - looks a bit like a lot of the early iPad apps which has put me off using it. Have taken it off my iPad for now but will keep an eye on it to see how it develops.

Can't agree more. We call the UI "classic" like the good old Winamp that I'm still using. But compare it to the 1st. review (Beautiful interface...). We are working on improved user experience and additional skins. Hope that this way we will meet the requirements of all (is it possible??) users.

As I've seen the rankings and reviews on iTunes, I've asked people on our Facebook page (Facebook) to review and rate the app. As I see they did it. That's why it's so suspicious. But after all, there are over 200 copies sold. But it works this way: I'm annoyed, I'll write a review. I'm quiet happy / I'm happy - I'll keep using the app, but I'll not write about it.

Finally, I'll describe our next steps. Together with the update (End of this week) we will deliver the iCloud syncing. Next, in 2-3 weeks we will deliver iCal and Google Calendar integration. In the meantime we will introduce some changes that will make the app more flexible. In 1 month, after beta - tests of iCloud and iPhone we will deliver EverDo.it for the iPhone.

And here we go: we are looking for beta - testers of the iPhone version. So if anyone of you is interested, just let me know - kstojek@onemln.com Alan?

@Alan I would be delighted to have a Google+ hangout with you. I could show you the app. If you will decide that it's interesting, I would also invite you to be a beta - tester of the iPhone app. Further, I'll sen you a promo - code for the iPad version. But I would ask you to write here your review. Does is sound reasonable?

Further, I truly believe that this app is really useful. We will keep developing it and keep introducing new features requested by the users. This is something I can promise.

I've also received a short review from Daniel Gold (Daniel web - page). This was a private email and I've not asked Daniel for the permission to publish it, so I will not do so. But now I'm sending an email to Daniel and will ask him to write his opinion on the app. Hope he will find some time.

All the best,

Karol

Hi Karol,

Thanks for giving the time to explain how the app is going.

Be even more interesting once you have the android version working as well.

I tend to use, Windows, iPad, android and sometimes Mac.

Regards

Chris

@Chris

No problem. I just wanted that there are no misunderstanding. The problem is that we can not answer to comments on iTunes and we can not get in touch with those people. So we can not help them out if they do not write to us. This causes anger and confusion on side of the users.

Chris, short question - are you using the iPad version? Have you tried it? If yes, can you write me your first impression? kstojek@onemln.com As you have iPad 2, I assume that this can (is?) annoying... I would be really grateful. If you have not tried it yet, I would like to invite you to the beta tests of the new (1.1) version of the app.

One more thing:

a) Android is on the way. We will invite you to the beta - tests as soon as the beta is available,

B) same with web version,

c) Google Calendar and iCal is on the way.

Best

No I can tell that v.1.05 has been uploaded. Price is back to normal (we have raised the price to 199 USD). Most of the known bugs are solved.

The app runs on iPad 2, is stable both on iOS 5 and iOS 6.

What we are working on now are additional features, iPhone, Android and Web version. So again everything looks the way it should ;-)

Cheers

Karol

> "... (we have raised the price to 199 USD) "

Is this a typo ??????

I actually paid for the app.

I had a few questions which were not addressed.

The forums are basically inactive.

For my simple purposes at least - it is missing some basic functionality.

No yakir, this is not a typo. As we have noticed the iOS 5 problem, we have rised the price to 199 USD. We did not wanted to have new users in order not to annoy them ;-)

Yakir, what kind of "basic functionality" are you talking about?

I'll check the forums... Tomorrow your questions will be answered.

K

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

EverDo.it allows creating tasks / events out of notes or part of them. It also allows you to put an event / task to your calendar. The iPad version will be available this month. iPhone and Android in January and February.

Hi Karol,

This sounds great. It is mid-May and I notice that the Android client has not been released yet. Any word on when the Android client will be released?

-= Stefan

Nope, Android is still work in progress. First we want to have a really good iOS version. As soon as this is achieved (should be really soon, we are working on it all the time), we will start our work on Android. 

First we want to convince the people that have paid for the current version available on iTunes (which is not what I call quality...) that the final app is really good. 

Thanks,

Karol

• 1 month later...

I would like to announce that we are almost done with the update for iPad. I call it update, but we have prepared the app from scratch. We just get rid of the old source code and prepared a brand new one. 

The screens you can see on our web page are the ones of the old app. But you can see the development on our Facebook

We are also taking part in the Evernote DevCup that will start in 2 weeks. Due to that we will change the version available on iTunes in 2 weeks (update it) and make it free (with limitations). That way all of you can test it and make your mind if it's something that fits your needs. 

Next week (in 3 days?) I'll update you with the whole list of features and the plans for the next release (i.e. start of beta tests of the web version). 

As you can see, we've been working really hard. But I'm more than convinced, that the outcome is worth it. 

Thanks,

Karol

OK, so here we go. The update will be uploaded for review on Thursday latest. We have thought about getting rid of the old up and uploading the new under a new name, but we decided that we do not want to annoy the people that have already bought the app :-) But so that all of you can give the app a test drive, we will be also uploading a free version of the app with limitations to the number of tasks that can be created. 

Features. This is the point where it's getting interesting. As we were designing and coding the app from scratch, we were able to prepare the app that includes our own observations and suggestions made by our beloved beta testers (special thanks to Amy, Betty, Alexey and Stanley - hope you will stay with us to test the web version :-) ). 

1. Stability. The app is stable. No crashes, no freezing. Just pure pleasure ;-)

2. Synchronization with calendar: iCal, Microsoft Exchange, Google Calendar. So you are able to place a task (like a meeting) directly to your calendar. 

3. Evernote's check boxes are working within the app. 

4. Total compatibility of tags. You crate a task within our app, there is a note created also within Evernote with the same tags (project, context, priority - now / next....). 

5. Changing of anything within the app causes a change in Evernote (i.e. renaming the project causes the change of tags for all related notes in Evernote). 

We will not be able to provide the proper calendar view (the one that we want to introduce), but this feature will be implemented within 2 weeks after the next week update. 

So like I've said - all of you that would like to be the beta testers of either iPhone or web are more than welcomed. 

Thanks,

Karol

Hey,

we will be organizing a Google+ hangout to show you the app (well, almost the app) that we will upload for the Evernote DevCup. 

Would you be interested to see it, please join us on the hangout here: click

We have prepared the source code from scratch. We have added many SMART features, new are on the way. 

Hope to see you there,

Karol

Some more info :-)

We will be adding some SMART features. Hence the name ;-) 

Smart Inbox is there and is working perfectly. 

Now we have designed and are in the implementation phase of the next SMART features. They will be ready before the Google hangout held on Tuesday, 8 PM CET. 

Some more can be found on our web page - www.smartgtd.com

Thanks,

Karol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Karol,

Congratulations on the DevCup 2013 category win!

Just downloaded the updated app from iTunes onto my iPad. But when selecting a Notebook I cannot see my 'Business' Notebooks. Is it not integrating with the Business version of Evernote yet?

Best regards

Chris

Hi Chris, 

thanks. We were working really hard. I think that you should remember the first release (the disaster ;-) )  in January and are able to tell the difference ;-) 

It's not integrating with the Business Version YET. But it will. Keep you updated. 

Chris, and how about beta testing the web version? Would you like to join us? Hope you will agree. 

thanks,

Karol

Hi Karol,

Looking forward to trying it on the Business version when you get it sorted!

Yes, happy to look at the web version. Will it work with my Business Notebooks?

Best regards

Chris

Hi Karol,

I have searched your web site and the internet, but cannot see how to get on to the web version.

Can you advise what I need to do?

Best regards

Chris

Hey Chris, 

I'll send you a PM with all the details. Please wait till next week. It will be available not to the public - only the chosen ones will have access to it ;-)

In the meantime another good news - the update to the app is available. We have added some nice features:

a) you can decide what to do with a note connected to a completed task, 

B) you can link notes to tasks or projects as reference,

and and and :-) 

Hope you will like it. 

Thanks,

Karol

• 5 months later...

Hey All :-) 

First of all - happy new year :-)

I'll just update you what has changed in our app during the last couple of months.

First of all, we did manage to be one of the Evernote Devcup finalists. Check more here: www.smarttm.com

We have polished the iOS version, adding some features and also business notebooks. 

We've been also working really hard on web and Android versions. And this is the main point why I write this post. 

We are looking for web and Android beta testers. All of you are more than welcomed. Just shoot me an email at kstojek@onemln.com 

Thanks!

Karol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dear All, 

some time passed since I have visited this forum :-) But those months have been really productive. What has changed:

a) we have released the Android version to the Google Play. Our app is also available on Samsung Apps... 

B) we are in the final process of having a really reliable web app. We have decided to rebuild the web app in many areas, that's why it's taking so long... 

c) we have won the "Ericsson Mobile ID" contest, adding to iOS and Android the Ericsson's secure login. 

d) we are the semi-finalists of Ericsson Application Awards

OK :-) That's for now. Will catch up later. 

Any comments or suggestions are more than welcomed.

Karol

Archived