(Archived) Web Clipper Does Not "Remember Me"

mikeyg

Hello there,

I've been using Chrome and Evernote Web Clipper for a long time, never really had a problem.

Recently fresh install of XP and Chrome, now the Evernote Web Clipper fails to "Remember Me". I have to put my password in every time, and it then also doesn't show me logged in when I search Google.

I tried a fresh install of Chrome, as well as disabling all of my other extensions. No luck.

I've also tried Googling for another thread similar, but couldn't find one.

Anyone have this problem?

I've seen this one several times. Clearing Chrome's cache or even reinstalling it won't help. Changing Chrome channel (stable, beta, dev) or won't help as well. It's definitely a Web Clipper bug.

My guess is that during sign in process Web Clipper checks for some string in the registry (probably made by desktop Evernote client), that is somehow unreadable or incompatible with it.

Did you install Web Clipper after installing desktop Evernote client? If so, then you may want to try uninstalling desktop version and see if it helps.

I have this problem too.

Chrome v24 beta, Windows XP, never installed desktop client.

This started happening relatively recently, maybe a month ago. Now I have to log in everytime I want to clip a webpage, VERY annoying! Please fix. I'm happy to provide any debugging information necessary, just tell me where to start.

We've found one verifiable reason for this issue.

User who don't have correct clock settings on their system have a higher likelihood of being affected. Especially if your time setting is in the 'future'.

Please check your system clock and 'verify' that it hasn't gone space monkey. Let us know if it helps...

User who don't have correct clock settings on their system have a higher likelihood of being affected. Especially if your time setting is in the 'future'.

Please check your system clock and 'verify' that it hasn't gone space monkey. Let us know if it helps...

I didn't have a chance yet to install the new build, but just got this notification via email and figured I'd check it quick as I remember having to manually change my clock recently.

Changed my "Internet Time Zone" from 'time.windows.com' to 'time.nist.gov' and back. Clicked Update. Problem seems to have solved instantly!

Much thanks jbignert, I'll update this thread if the issue continues.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't have a chance yet to install the new build, but just got this notification via email and figured I'd check it quick as I remember having to manually change my clock recently.

Changed my "Internet Time Zone" from 'time.windows.com' to 'time.nist.gov' and back. Clicked Update. Problem seems to have solved instantly!

Much thanks jbignert, I'll update this thread if the issue continues.

This helped me too! Thanks @jbignert as well for identifying the cause!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried changing my time server - but it didn't fix it.

Here's what did fix it for me:

1) I logged off and shut down EN desktop; logged off EN web and rebooted my PC.

2) I started EN desktop and logged on.

3) I changed my time server.

Seems good and I cannot repeat the problem.

Evernote 4.6.3.8096 (268604). 

Windows 7 SP1. 

Firefox 16.0.2 (I downgraded from Firefox 18 due to the web page clipping format problem mentioned elsewhere on this forum).

• 2 months later...

Could it be that all of you who had that problem are in Arizona? I am and I just noticed that the problems must have begun sometime around the DST change. We don't have Daylight Savings Time in AZ, so although we are in the Mountain Standard Time Zone, our time equals Pacific time during the summer. 

I just changed my computer to Pacific time zone to see if that works.

The problem with just changing the time service server is that computers in a company network may not be allowed to do this change. Any other solution would be appreciated.

Marco

Archived