(Archived) Make Mac v4 available for download

Boatguy

Idea

V5 is simply not ready for real users. In terms of reliability, UI and functionality it is a beta test. It has reduced my productivity.

Please make v4 available for download and make v5 a beta which is what it is really is. You do your customers a disservice by forcing us all into a beta test.

9 replies to this idea

Followed the link, downloaded the mac vn 3.3.x, tweaked the parent directory name for the vn 5 database to freeze it in place, deleted the existing evernote.exe from applications folder and copied the vn 3 in instead. All good. Took a few hours to redownload but all working fine.

Only complaint is even mac vn 3.3.x doesn't have the ability to reverse the order notes are sorted in by repeat clicking the column header. I was sure this existed in a previous release but maybe I was thinking of the windows version. That's a big usability point.

• Level 5*

Only complaint is even mac vn 3.3.x doesn't have the ability to reverse the order notes are sorted in by repeat clicking the column header. I was sure this existed in a previous release but maybe I was thinking of the windows version. That's a big usability point.

I don't remember it being there, but it is a nice feature I regularly use in Windows. As you said, just tap the column header and it will reverse the sort. Hopefully, we will get something like that in the Mac client as well.

I used AppDelete to remove v5, then downloaded v3.3. Everything was downloaded from the server and I'm back in business.

I certainly saw some things in v5 that I liked, but overall it's just not finished, it's a beta.

Looking forward to when development is completed.

Cheers!

I don't remember it being there, but it is a nice feature I regularly use in Windows. As you said, just tap the column header and it will reverse the sort. Hopefully, we will get something like that in the Mac client as well.

It is certainly there in 3.3.0 for Mac as well. Just checked.

• Level 5*

You're right. Thanks. It is there in list view.

My wishlist would be to have it in snippet view also as I find that view so useful for navigating through lots of notes on a landscape display :-)

Right you are. There it is. Yet another reason to give us Vertical List View. I think I should just change my user name to Vertical List View until I convince the developers to spend their holidays putting this into the app.

• Level 5

I used to be an active participant on the beta releases, but decided to play it safer. My data is too valuable to risk.

So now, I only upgrade to General Releases and at least 2 weeks after it is announced.

This gives me a couple weeks to gauge the general reaction from other users.

Archived