Has anyone tried Everbot?

CaptainTime

In Chrome extensions when I searched for Evernote add-ons, I came across one called Everbot. Looks like a 3rd party extension that lets you connect your Evernote to Gmail, letting you send emails into Evernote and insert Evernote documents into emails in Gmail.

Has anyone tried it? What did you think of it?

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hmmn - had a quick look at both the gmail and the gcal apps. I don't use Chrome, so the gmail app is at least temporarily out for me. (Firefox Rules). I'd be hesitant about using the gcal one because it creates a new notebook for each new meeting and shares notes automatically - don't want to create too many notebooks (there is a limit) and not happy about sharing where I'm not totally in control.

Sorry for the negatives, and this app may well suit others to the ground; but I'll pass for the moment.

I did install Everbot my gmail and it seems to work well. Gives me a nice "Send to Evernote Button" at the top right of my email. Then a window comes up that lets me choose the notebook, edit the subject, add tags or a comment.

One thing I would like to see is to have start with my default notebook (in my case !Inbox) by default so I don't have to scroll if I just want it there.

Overall, a useful tool. Haven't tried the calendar one, but I don't think I have a need for that function.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried installing this on Chrome and Safari and followed the instructions perfectly. It never would work and in both browsers kepte sending me to a the Everbot Activity Log. Then when I tried to submit a problem report using their feedback tool, it wouldn't let me login to submit the problem. They need to get these things fixed if they ever expect any type of mass adoption of the product.

• Level 5*

OK so I installed Everbot in my browser for both mail and calendar, and had a shot at saving an email to Evernote.

The theory looks good - you effectively get an Evernote mail clipper in the browser window to send gmail to your account. First time I tried it though I got 'an unknown error has occurred' (I hate those). Tried again with fewer tags, then with no tags; but got the same message each time. Then synced my account - and had three versions of the note, with various tags. So the copy works, even if I do get an error. Looked to report the problem to Everbot - who now seem to be called Powerbot - and can't find any support link on their website.

It's not a painless process to get all this working, and it looks like I'll have to double check that any saves have gone through.. it makes the idea of just gmailing my evernote address look pretty attractive...

I tried Everbot on both Gmail and the Google calendar. It never did work right on the Calendar. When I submitted a problem through their tool, I got one reply saying they would look into it, but never heard back from them again. I have since uninstalled the Everbot extension and don't plan on using it again.

It's a great idea, and I think they were on the right track, but they need to up their game on support, and customer service if they want to see any real fruit from this tree. I also think they may need to do a bit more testing before they release a product.

That's just my .02 worth.

I've been using it for about a week now. It rocks. The new version released on Monday works much better. I was wanting a utility like this so badly that I was considering making one myself.

My one question about this is security. Does using 3rd party utilities like this make Evernote less secure?

There are two wishlist features I'd love to see added at some point are the ability to select multiple emails to send to Evernote as a group, and the ability to use Gmail labels as tags.

• Level 5*
My one question about this is security. Does using 3rd party utilities like this make Evernote less secure?

I'm happy with Evernote's security - which means I understand it's limitations and how to avoid them - but you do seem to hand your Evernote user name and password details to Everbot / Powerbot despite the recent changes to Evernote that allow third party apps access to data without authorising blanket access. You're trusting E/P with your access codes, which may very well not be a good thing...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pop in to say that we've made quite a few changes and updates to both apps, and more things are coming soon. We've spent quite some time on the issues mentioned here, too - everything works much better, a lot less errors pop up.

Please give it another go, in case you encountered errors using the previous versions of the apps.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

Just for information -

I was trying Powerbot out,  both in mail and calendar versions; and copied quite a few emails into Evernote until I found out that Clearly will give me an equally good clip from gmail. 

I never did use the GCalendar option. 

Powerbot is now paid-for only and my account has been closed.

• 5 months later...

I had been testing Event noted but regularly created duplicate notes, or received a lot of note conflicts. Also, the note to calendar integration seemed only one way (use Event noted to create calendar event). However, Powerbot  creates meeting notes from my Google Calendar meetings / events which was exactly what I wanted. Seems to work fine, I will test it this week for meetings I have scheduled. I am also going to link with Gmail.

Everyone currently using Powerbot?

Archived