(Archived) Clipper 5.9 frozen after automatically updated

echan

After the Clipper extension was automatically updated to 5.9, users saw a "Clipping" message that didn't go away when trying to clip content. Chrome version is 23.0.1271.91. The only way to resolve it is to uninstall the Clipper and reinstall the new version.

Thanks,

Ed

This might explain the problem I'm having, but re-installing the extension did not fix the problem. The Web Clipper extension is hanging on waiting for page. I tried deleting cookies and clearing the Chrome cache. Did not fix. Restarting the computer did not fix. If I uninstall the Web Clip extension from Chrome, quit Chrome, and reinstall the Web Clip extension, the extension will work for short period of time, 2-4 clips, then it will start hanging on "Waiting for Page" whenever I try to clip a page. I've done the uninstall/reinstall multiple times and it always stops working after a few clips. This is happening on my work computer (Windows) and home computer (Macbook Pro).

Any suggestions?

Argh. Apparently this is a recurring bug. I got the frozen Waiting for Page... message yesterday, reinstalled the clipper and it was fine. Now, again today, I'm back to freezing. Clipping works fine when using the right-click context menu or doing it from inside Clearly.

Did some more experimenting. The Web Clipper will work, but only if I leave the Smart Filing setting set to "Tags and Notebooks". If I disable smart filing or set it to "Tags Only" or "Notebooks Only", the Web Clipper hangs on "Waiting for Page."

Good catch.

I got the frozen Waiting for Page... message yesterday, reinstalled the clipper and it was fine. Now, again today, I'm back to freezing.

ditto.

Clipping works fine when using the right-click context menu or doing it from inside Clearly.

for those of us who are heavy taggers, is this (below) then the most efficient workaround?

Context Menu > Evernote Web Clipper > Clip URL > Edit > Show Details > Add Tags ...

Did some more experimenting. The Web Clipper will work, but only if I leave the Smart Filing setting set to "Tags and Notebooks". If I disable smart filing or set it to "Tags Only" or "Notebooks Only", the Web Clipper hangs on "Waiting for Page."

Thanks for the experiment.

It works for me after setting back smart filling to "Tags and Notebooks".

Archived