(Archived) Feature request: a cork board

Is it just me, or is it not that now Skitch and Maps are integrated, the only feature Evernote is still missing is a corkboard type note arranger?

I mean something like "Taskboard" from slidetorock.com.

For me, the next logical conclusion to notes placeable on a map are notes placeable on a board where I can rearrange them along user-defined rows and columns.

Taskboard is missing features like cloud syncing or multiple boards, but when each time I open it, I get that sad feeling that this is exactly what I would like to pin my Evernote notes to.

Can't Evernote just buy Taskboard and integrate it? (Hope Steven from slidetorock.com doesn't hate me for saying this here). I'm in no way related to slidetorock.com, btw.

• Level 5

Not sure I agree with this: "The only feature Evernote is still missing is a corkboard.."

Well, there are hundreds of requests out there for a particular feature that some users want to have. EN is reading this board and is listening. This does not mean it will get implemented any time soon. For a corkboard I doubt it is very high on EN developers list.

Wern

• Level 5*

Is it just me, or is it not that now Skitch and Maps are integrated, the only feature Evernote is still missing is a corkboard type note arranger?

I mean something like "Taskboard" from slidetorock.com.

For me, the next logical conclusion to notes placeable on a map are notes placeable on a board where I can rearrange them along user-defined rows and columns.

Taskboard is missing features like cloud syncing or multiple boards, but when each time I open it, I get that sad feeling that this is exactly what I would like to pin my Evernote notes to.

Can't Evernote just buy Taskboard and integrate it? (Hope Steven from slidetorock.com doesn't hate me for saying this here). I'm in no way related to slidetorock.com, btw.

Hi. It's an interesting idea. There are third-party integrations already along these lines like Desk in the Cloud (http://www.deskintheclouds.com/). Judging by the direction Evernote seems to be going, I am guessing that if we get a corkboard, it will be from a third party developer.

I'm not sure I'd use it much myself. I'm only interested in the manual ordering aspect, because right now we have very few options for manually arranging our notes (Shortcuts on the Mac, and note links on Windows and Mac).

Just tried deskintheclouds.com. Apart from it being too slow to be used in either the web or the desktop form, it's already marching along the wrong usability road, and it has just started marching.

Am rummaging through the trunk now to find alternatives. There must be something. There must be...

• Level 5*

Just tried deskintheclouds.com. Apart from it being too slow to be used in either the web or the desktop form, it's already marching along the wrong usability road, and it has just started marching.

Am rummaging through the trunk now to find alternatives. There must be something. There must be...

There might be something. I don't know of it, though. You could also take a look at the Evernote DevCup. There were a lot of entries this year, and several of them attempted to visualize account content in different ways.

• 5 months later...

An idea board or corkboard view option is the one thing that is preventing me from switching entirely to Evernote-- which I would prefer to do, rather than split my notes and projects between the Evernote and Springpad, which does have this viewing option but whose searching is not nearly as robust as Evernote. I think visually, and being able to drag-and-drop selected images and text is a crucial step to my brainstorming process. Would love suggestions on thrid party options too!

Archived