(Archived) How to see un-synced or pending sync notes in Evernote android.

shamalk

On Android? Tap on the icon on the far-right of the Evernote bar -- looks like three dots in a vertical configuration -- and select 'Sync'.

are you referring to older versions?

new version has a sliding menu (android standard) on the left- where the bottom line is for sync- status and button both.

The first part of question by OP "How to see which notes are not synced yet with the server in Evernote for Android?" remains unanswered. AFAIK, it is not possible to establish which notes are not synced. I raised a ticket regarding this and was told to compare the note count with PC. While it tells how many notes are not synced, it can't mark out which of them are not synced. Well, if you sort by update, you will have some idea, but not precise.

• Level 5*

On Android? Tap on the icon on the far-right of the Evernote bar -- looks like three dots in a vertical configuration -- and select 'Sync'.

new version has a sliding menu (android standard) on the left- where the bottom line is for sync- status and button both.

I am using the latest Android beta (I should have said that) on the original Kindle Fire (old version of Android, 2.3?); it has the Sync button/status at the lower left, and the "three-dot-button" menu I described in the Evernote bar across the top.

The first part of question by OP "How to see which notes are not synced yet with the server in Evernote for Android?" remains unanswered. AFAIK, it is not possible to establish which notes are not synced. I raised a ticket regarding this and was told to compare the note count with PC. While it tells how many notes are not synced, it can't mark out which of them are not synced. Well, if you sort by update, you will have some idea, but not precise.

I was unable to come up with an answer myself. I just force a sync, being generally unconcerned with note counts.

Thanks indrex for the answer. Recently I noticed that Evernote android skips many notes when syncing. I consider this a major bug. And their reply to your ticket "compare the note counts" is a really bad response to a customer.

• Level 5*
Thanks indrex for the answer. Recently I noticed that Evernote android skips many notes when syncing. I consider this a major bug. And their reply to your ticket "compare the note counts" is a really bad response to a customer.

Providing the number of unsynced notes is a new feature; the suggested advice is a workaround. That's one thing. Tech support folks can't write the code or prioritize feature additions. It's about all they can do is provide workarounds, when they exist.

But if you believe that notes are not being synced correctly (what I take from your "I noticed that Evernote android skips many notes when syncing" comment), then that's a bug, and you should file a support request for it.

Archived