BrianK

Evernote Plug In for Outlook 2013

Idea

Now that the preview version of Office 2013 has been released, are there plans to make the add-in compatible with it, or are you going to wait until closer to the RTM? I have installed it, but the existing plug-in causes Outlook 2013 to crash and thus gets disabled.

http://www.microsoft...ice&WT.rss_ev=a

1 person likes this

142 replies to this idea

Just gonna throw this out here...

Me Too...

I can assist with detailed crash dump data if you would like, just to make your lives easier.. I live and die by the outlook plugin, so I have some skin in this game.

Enviroment:

Windows 8, x64

Outlook 2013 x32

Crash dump:

Log Name: Application

Source: Outlook

Date: 1/2/2013 3:02:31 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Brian-Win8

Description:

Add-in execution error. Outlook crashed during the 'GetCustomUI' callback of the 'IRibbonExtensibility' interface while calling into the 'Evernote.Outlook' add-in.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Outlook" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-01-02T23:02:31.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>3696</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Brian-Win8</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>GetCustomUI</Data>

<Data>IRibbonExtensibility</Data>

<Data>Evernote.Outlook</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Supposedly? Evernote don't do predictions and they're trying to keep 40M+ users happy with upgrades including this one, so I guess they might take a little while. Better they release something that's been tested fully and works rather than a quick fix that isn't. Some of us aren't that up to date with the latest software versions anyway. Meantime there's a couple of work-arounds - see #37 in the thread above - and the ever-reliable forward-to-your-evernote-email-address...

+1 Please! Thanks, loving Evernote. Here's to quick development, as we all know how different Microsoft is doing things now. Hopefully the new plugin will play and look like it belongs in Office / Outlook 2013. Maybe there is a beta plugin that some of us advanced users could help test? Let us know!

Still crashes here Outlook 2013 and Win7 64bit

Come on guys, it could not be that difficult....

+1 (and since you work systematically and planning your work, you should be able to give a hint on when it is solved).

wikipedia on office 2013:

Initial release October 11, 2012; 3 months ago

still no addon for outlook 2013?

Please see post #7.

I'm in a software product technical supprt/development environment myself and I feel the EN guys and girls pain here, "So much to do, so little time in the day to get it done." Cut 'em some slack, they know what they are doing and given the pressure here, will likely get it done sooner versus later. In the meantime like the prior user noted, I'm using email.

Take Care EN, get us a good product not a faulty, hastely compiled product!

Joe

1 person likes this

I have just installed outlook 2013 and the evernote add in has been disabled. The add in seems to cause outlook 2013 to crash. Has any one any thoughts on how to get around this

with thanks

Ugh I wish I knew about this issue before I installed the hideous Win8-looking Office 2013. I might do a system restore. One of the reasons I use/pay for Evernote is for it's Outlook integration.

I, too, am eager to get a revised add-on. In the mean time, I'm just emailing items to Evernote from within Outlook. It's not optimal, but it's surely a good substitute.

For now I put in my Evernote email address as the only contact and forward the emails to that. Seems to be an OK workaround for now and doesn't take up too many extra milliseconds!

Evernote add in causes Outlook 2013 to fail. Evernote agrees. They have got to fix this. When?

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 version 15.0.4433.1507. Outlook 2013 crashes with Evernote add-in enabled.

What's the status on the Office 2013 / Outlook 2013 plugin? The software was released yesterday worldwide. This is not an obscure program. Almost everyone uses Outlook. Can't we at least get a ballpark idea of when this will be fixed?

We don't release roadmaps (normally not even ballparks), but thanks for posting. Will update you when we have something

Just took the latest update (268435) and still seeing the problem. Love EN, gladly pay, but use Outlook->EN all the time. Waiting patiently for a fix!