Bulk-archiving email to Evernote

Dmitry Gorshkov

We are thinking about building a tool for easy archiving of Outlook emails to Evernote and was wondering if a lot of people out there would find it useful.

We think native Outlook archiving functionality is pretty sucky, especially when it comes to searching for a very specific archived email or attachment.

Basically, our tool would allow you to selectively archive your old emails and put them in a separate notebook (to make sure your EN account stays uncluttered). And then you'll be able to search through the messages and attachments with Evernote's native search (on a desktop or mobile device).

Anyone thinks this will be super useful?

We are thinking about building a tool for easy archiving of Outlook emails to Evernote and was wondering if a lot of people out there would find it useful.

We think native Outlook archiving functionality is pretty sucky, especially when it comes to searching for a very specific archived email or attachment.

Basically, our tool would allow you to selectively archive your old emails and put them in a separate notebook (to make sure your EN account stays uncluttered). And then you'll be able to search through the messages and attachments with Evernote's native search (on a desktop or mobile device).

Anyone thinks this will be super useful?

The first task I used EN for (back in 2008) was to archive emails b/c indeed, the archive feature of Outlook is sucky. And the version of Outlook I'm using (2003) allows only X number of emails, regardless how much disk space you have available. EN has a "send to Outlook" button but it's not supported for 2003. However, after installing EN on a clean install of Win7, it returned. I've been using it a LOT before it disappears again. When it does (disappear again), I have to forward the emails to my EN address, which is a PITA b/c some go missing & IIRC, you're only allowed so many incoming emails to your EN account per day. SO...in a nutshell, I would be interested in something like this.

And...to clarify, I don't mind paying a reasonable price for useful apps/plugins. I'm a developer too & realize devs have rent & bills to pay & groceries to buy. I've probably spent at least $30 in the Apple App store for various apps that integrate with EN because I love the EN service & Windows client (where I mostly use EN) so much & find it super, uber useful.

• 1 year later...

Hi Dmitry,

At this moment we have a problem with outlook search functionality, as we cannot even search anymore... to packed with emails possibly.

Question is: is there an update on this tool you suggested or is there a way to archive this bulk of emails very quickly into evernote with still high quality of searching possibilities?

Thank you.

Best,

Maarten

Archived