I can't see the complet list of saved search

Using last Evernote 5, with Snow Leopard 10.6.8...

I can not see the full list of saved searches.

The number of items in the list is apparently limited to the height of the screen, and don't have the lateral scroll bar. I have a large list, so I can not see the last item at the bottom (even using the arrow keys up / down).

Someone else with the same problem?

• Level 5*

Using last Evernote 5, with Snow Leopard 10.6.8...

I can not see the full list of saved searches.

The number of items in the list is apparently limited to the height of the screen, and don't have the lateral scroll bar. I have a large list, so I can not see the last item at the bottom (even using the arrow keys up / down).

Someone else with the same problem?

Hi. How many saved searches do you have?

GM, A full screen, there is room for 39 saved searches, and I have a bit more than that.

In short, there is no scrolling when the list is larger than screen allows, so you could select the saved searches at the bottom with the down arrow key, but you can not see what search is selected.

• Level 5*

GM, A full screen, there is room for 39 saved searches, and I have a bit more than that.

In short, there is no scrolling when the list is larger than screen allows, so you could select the saved searches at the bottom with the down arrow key, but you can not see what search is selected.

39. Wow. OK, that makes sense :)

For now, I'd say drag them all into Shortcuts.

But even worse: I found no way to add new Saved Searches or modify existing ones. This is pretty bad for me, as I rely in several projects in quick filtering via Saved Searches

----------

Update to my previous message: Search is still broken to an extent, e.g. "notebook:..." does not work at all, some searches do not appear in "recent searches"; so overall this feature seems to be a construction site.

However I just realised that it is in fact possible to save searches: it is (very well) hidden in the Edit|Find menu, but obviously should be in the search window.

• 1 month later...

The ability to save a search is far from being intuitive. I stil cant figure out how to display all of my saved searches. We need the option of displaying all searches like Tags and Notebooks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm also running into this problem as of late.  Any word?

Not to complain, but I'm actually quite surprised such a blatant scalability issue made it into the final release.

• 1 month later...

Kind of new to Mac and stilling using Windows. It's so easy to create saved search in Windows but on Mac I had to do a web search. Never would have dreamed to look in edit.

I thought I didn't know how to use Mac trackpad  because I couldn't figure out how to see my whole lists of saved search. Hope this gets fixed soon!!!  Rely on  saved search  and I can't put them all in shortcuts. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't scroll down to see other saved searches as well. I can neither scroll down when I hover over and use a two-finger scroll on Mac OS X, nor can I do so when using the arrow cycles to cycle between searches and would vote to fix this as well.

• 1 month later...

+1

Why not make Saved Searches a Sidebar item, alongside Tags et al? I expect that finding one's notes is a significant value to users. Evernote could include some defaults that provides some education on how Saved Searches is useful.

For the current implementation, is the Evernote codebase so bad that a scrollbar can't be added to each client app in the search popdown menu?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived