(Archived) Evernote 5 - Tagging

TechBarber

Idea

Maybe it's just me, or the way I have something setup unknowingly, but I find the tag portion of EN 5 a little difficult to navigate.

I wanted to add a sub tag to my tag list today and you can't just right-click the parent tag and click "Add New". I had to click on the "Tags" option on the left-hand side and go into this odd tag view that is a bit clunky.

What happened to dragging notes to tags and being able to quickly create tags using just the navigation list on the left-hand side?

5 replies to this idea

What I really miss from Evernote 5 (related to tagging) is the option to be able to quickly navigate from title/text body to tags and back from the keyboard only without using the mouse - that is how a text oriented application is used mainly.

In the old version I was used to first type the title then hit tab add the tags and after another tab you get to the text body where you start typing your note. Now I'm unable to enter my tags from the keyboard I have to reach for the mouse that slows down the whole process.

What I really miss from Evernote 5 (related to tagging) is the option to be able to quickly navigate from title/text body to tags and back from the keyboard only without using the mouse - that is how a text oriented application is used mainly.

In the old version I was used to first type the title then hit tab add the tags and after another tab you get to the text body where you start typing your note. Now I'm unable to enter my tags from the keyboard I have to reach for the mouse that slows down the whole process.

I too found this very frustrating. I found a good shortcut that gets you into the 'Tags' field of the note:

CMD + ' for Mac (unsure about Windows, but would assume it's CTRL + ')

To come out of the tag field, hit Enter.

It's still not as easy as tabbing from the title to the tag field, but at least you won't have to reach for the mouse :)

Archived