(Archived) Unable to Update to Evernote 5 on Mac

VathekNet9

Idea

When updating, I received an error "Evernote failed to download; Use the Purchases page to try again". When I go there and hit Install again, I see a download bar that appears to be about 80% blue and the text above says 29.4 of 29.4 MB which makes me think it downloaded 100%. I then get the same "use purchases" error and then red text appears on the Evernote line saying "An error has occurred".

I have since tried to remove all traces of the old Evernote app thinking there was some conflict. Nothing seems to work.

Any tips on installing Evernote 5? Can't find anyone else with this issue via Google.

15 replies to this idea

When updating, I received an error "Evernote failed to download; Use the Purchases page to try again". When I go there and hit Install again, I see a download bar that appears to be about 80% blue and the text above says 29.4 of 29.4 MB which makes me think it downloaded 100%. I then get the same "use purchases" error and then red text appears on the Evernote line saying "An error has occurred".

I have since tried to remove all traces of the old Evernote app thinking there was some conflict. Nothing seems to work.

Any tips on installing Evernote 5? Can't find anyone else with this issue via Google.

I am also having same problem. Can anyone please help?

I also have this problem, but only with the App Store update. I have a non App store version on my laptop which has updated to v5 perfectly, but my desktop machine which has the App Store version will not update. I thought I could solve this by downloading a non App Store version direct from Evernote, but I cannot find a link to do that. Is that no longer possible? The problem clearly relates to the App Store update process, so I hope they fix it soon.

Thanks Metrodon. Downloaded v4 app and problem solved exactly the way narrated by woodbine. Recreated same problem again by hitting Install in Purchases page in App Store. The problem is with the App Store update process as tangynick noted. Thanks friends!

Archived