(Archived) Tags list

jimpogo

Idea

I just updated Evernote and it seems to be an all new version (5.0),

For those like me who were baffled by the layout: they now call "list" view "snippet" view. So if you want an alphabetical or chronological list of all your notes in a left bar, use "snippets".

But the main problem I need to ask about is the dark gray Left Left bar. Thats where I had persistent access to my tags list before v5. Now there's a Tags Button which opens a Tags Page. But this is not visible at all when you're looking at an actual note...

For those more experienced with this stuff, IS there a way to put clickable Tags (and clickable notebook list too) in a visible place?

-- Jim

7 replies to this idea

I eventually found that too, which helps. What I still missed this morning though was being able to drag notes onto those tags to assign.

I often don't tag notes as I create them and occasionally search for "No Tags" and multi-select like notes and drag to a tag. Might I be missing a way to do that?

• Level 5*

For those like me who were baffled by the layout: they now call "list" view "snippet" view. So if you want an alphabetical or chronological list of all your notes in a left bar, use "snippets".

The Snippet and List views are exactly the same as they always were: a "snippet" of the content or something equivalent to the "list" view you have on your Mac in Finder. If you want your notes to be alphabetical (in any view), changing the view will not help. Instead, as with the previous version, you need to select a different sort order (there are some new features in this regard).

It sounds like you found the solution to the "nabs" (the icons on the left) dilemma. As for the ads, even as a Premium user, I usually kept them on. I kind of liked them, and they will be missed :)

flyingout, I hadn't tried the drag. That's too bad (as an old time iView user, that's exactly how I keyword, er "tag" images there).

GrumpyMonkey, don't admit you like ads! Also, I guess I didn't realize I always used Snippet view, which I now see on my laptop's old version of Evernote.

GrumpyMonkey, don't admit you like ads!

I haven't made a big deal of it, because I thought that starting a thread like "Bring OSX 4 Ads Back!" wouldn't get a very positive response on the forums :)

I mean, for the most part the ads were about promoting other "Evernote ecosystem" stuff. It's not like you were getting sold cheap medication or anything.

Archived