Inline display of DOC and DOCX and EML files?

Evernote very helpfully allows PDF files to 'display inline' or 'view as attachment' in notes.

This is a great feature.

Is there any way of doing the same with other file types? Specifically Word files (doc, docx) and emails (eml)? If not could I request this feature to be added?

Thanks.

Evernote very helpfully allows PDF files to 'display inline' or 'view as attachment' in notes.

This is a great feature.

Is there any way of doing the same with other file types? Specifically Word files (doc, docx) and emails (eml)? If not could I request this feature to be added?

Thanks.

From what I can tell (disclaimer, I don't have any special knowledge about this), it would be fairly difficult. It's not a bad suggestion though. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hm, according to a google search i just did, EN does support Inline display of docs other then pdf on the Mac version. 

This missing feature is one of the biggest limits that kept me from using EN for my office and document storage needs. With this and a few small tweaks, EN would be the perfect DMS tool for freelancers and smaller businesses. Even my old outlining software "Ultra Recall" could do that (AFAIK by using the internet explorer engines internal document viewer). ATM i need to convert all docs manually to OCRed PDF(And the inline viewer has some issues too, like the missing scrolling by mouse wheel + Keyboard)  and RTF (which is editable, but kills complex text and table styles)..

All in all IMHO a very useful feature for many of us, and one of the more important compared to many other request i think.

At least the inline viewing; Editing should be harder to implement, at least for MS Office formats, and not ODT ect.

I plan on going premium anyway, but i would pay extra for this feature.. 

+1 for document inline display on win + android!

Archived