(Archived) Sharing Database on Windows 8 Dual Boot System

James M.

I've just installed Windows 8 so I can dual-boot on my Windows 7 computer. Can I set the system up to share the database, no matter which OS I boot into? I can't find where to set the database location in Windows 8, and am wondering if this is safe. Should I use the Windows 7 database location or the Windows 8 database location, or am I just looking to lose all my EV data?

I've just installed Windows 8 so I can dual-boot on my Windows 7 computer. Can I set the system up to share the database, no matter which OS I boot into? I can't find where to set the database location in Windows 8, and am wondering if this is safe. Should I use the Windows 7 database location or the Windows 8 database location, or am I just looking to lose all my EV data?

Did you look in tools/options/general tab? (I don't have WIn8, but am "assuming" since that's where the db location is for Evernote Windows regardless of XP or 7, that it's in the same place as usual.)

http://discussion.ev...it/#entry166286

Well, no Tools menu under Window 8 that I have found yet. There is a Settings menu, but no sign of the database path under that, either!

Since it's beta & new, then that feature may not yet be added. In that case, I'd be hesitant to use my "live" database anyway, if something were to get muffed up, you've got your other database as a backup, assuming you sync it occasionally.

Archived