(Archived) Trouble - Clicked Sync button but in fact not sync to the cloud

Charles Liu

• Level 5*

What does that mean, "Evernote is in fact not synchronizing to the latest note"? Do you mean that a note you are editing on the client where you click (The WIndows client?) "Sync" isn't being transferred to the Evernote servers? Or that a note you have updated on a different device isn't syncing to the client where you are clicking "Sync"?

• Level 5*

SO you are editing a note in the Windows client, and you press "Sync". How do you know it has not gone to the Evernote servers? Are you looking at your account in the Web client or on a separate device?

Yes, I was working on my laptop at home and thought that the files had been synchronized.

Only to find out the PC in my office was still having the older note,

not the new one I have worked on back home.

I have also checked the Web client confirming it was not updated.

I've also noticed that it often take sometime to sync properly if I leave it to the automatic sync,

then there was no problem with that, but won't it defeat the purpose of having the sync button in the first place. :blink:

• Level 5*

If the notes are not syncing, and the Activity log (Help / Activity Log) doesn't show any problems at the time that you pressed the sync button, then you should probably file a support request. See the link in my signature.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

I have the same problem.

It's specific notes that are not syncing to the cloud, even if I move them to another notebook.

If the notes are not syncing, and the Activity log (Help / Activity Log) doesn't show any problems at the time that you pressed the sync button, then you should probably file a support request. See the link in my signature.

Archived