(Archived) Have option for clipper to add to existing note from same URL instead of making new notes

skotzko

I've been using the clipper a lot to take notes from long technical documents or tutorials online. If I want to highlight 30-40 distinct passages from within one document (all from the same URL), Evernote creates 30-40 separate notes.

I then have to go and manually merge them, which is a pretty subpar experience, and they often seem to be out of order which disrupts the flow of reviewing notes later.

Feature request: have an option in settings for the web clipper that when clipping content from the same URL, append to the existing note instead of creating a new note.

I've been using the clipper a lot to take notes from long technical documents or tutorials online. If I want to highlight 30-40 distinct passages from within one document (all from the same URL), Evernote creates 30-40 separate notes.

I then have to go and manually merge them, which is a pretty subpar experience, and they often seem to be out of order which disrupts the flow of reviewing notes later.

Feature request: have an option in settings for the web clipper that when clipping content from the same URL, append to the existing note instead of creating a new note.

i'd like also to add the facility to modify the clipped text, add a separate text to the same selected note, allowing instant clipping without displaying the evernote clipper dialog until we had to

• 4 weeks later...

yes, please!

i'd like also to add the facility to modify the clipped text, add a separate text to the same selected note, allowing instant clipping without displaying the evernote clipper dialog until we had to

this actually alludes to another little bit of related functionality I'd really love to have ...have the web clipper provide some visual indicator whether the current URL already exists as a sourceURL anywhere in my NoteStore. similarly, the option to run the 'Related Notes' algorithm at the *start* of the clipping sequence might work as well.

• 2 months later...

I've wanted and asked for this for years. Any chance of it happening?

I read from webpages and keep on clipping the parts. As a result i end up with up 20-30 notes on a single topic. Since, there isn't an option to append, i merge these notes. However, after merging, the url and headlines merge too and i have to delete 20-30 odd headlines and url from the merged note. Is there a way or setting where i can clip articles with no headline or url so that i don't have to do so much editing after merging?

Even if there is an option to preset the headline and not copy the url ,it will do?

Thanks & Regards

• Level 5

An "accumulated bundle" of clippings would need to be carefully designed: With separators between them and the URLs preserved. And a Table Of Contents (perhaps optional) with links to each note at the top. (I don't know if linking within a note is doable.)

But I like the idea.

• 3 months later...

Please provide at least a basic functionality of merging notes of the same URL!

I've wanted and asked for this for years. Any chance of it happening?

I am also waiting for this feature! Also evernote should work better on ipad, especially web and images clipping, until those and other improvements are done, it's better for me to use other apps. 

• 3 weeks later...

+1. This is a huge one for me, and I've been wanting it for years too.  It would completely improve my daily workflow off the web, and save me a lot of headache pasting, merging, and organizing after the fact!

Archived