Evernote and archive.org

~Adam

So, I think you all will love this one.

(oh, and BTW, sorry I haven't posted in a while, just haven't needed to)

Recently, I've been doing tons of work at discogs.org, cataloging music releases and loving every minute of it. So, I got the bug of documenting things and learned more about the work of the Internet Archive.. Known best for their Wayback Machine, they are also in the business of archiving non-copyrighted materials.

So, guess what I've been doing? I've been searching my house for old materials that are in the public domain and scanning them, page by page, and then uploading them in one big PDF to archive.org AND simultaneously uploading them to Evernote.

Just another way that Evernote and the Internet Archive can help me, and all of us, and the world, AND future world citizens.

Books that were previously not available on the internet, are now available to internet users WORLDWIDE and not only to them, but my future generations because I also cataloged in Evernote which they will get when I die.

• 3 weeks later...

Just another way that Evernote and the Internet Archive can help me, and all of us, and the world, AND future world citizens.

Books that were previously not available on the internet, are now available to internet users WORLDWIDE and not only to them, but my future generations because I also cataloged in Evernote which they will get when I die.

The discogs.org URL doesn't seem to be valid.

Whee are these books available that you've scanned?

Have you considered publishing them in Kindle format? It is free and the downloads can be free. I think this is a great repository for public domain books.

I know one person who unbound the books, used a sheet feeder, then either discarded the books, or had them rebound. Doing books page by indidual page, then proofing the OCR is very time-consuming. How many pages can you do in an hour? What equipment do you use? (I have a stack of those books, many hard-to-find.)

Archived